News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Loophole problem

Started by hooperharp, February 21, 2014, 08:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooperharp

Hello everybody. The problem I have with the Loophole is that when I power it up using a TP-LINK (it's the brand I believe) adapter (I believe it was for an old cell phone) and using a delay at the same time (pt2399 based) and/or the little angel chorus the playback automatically detunes. I used the beavisaudio huminator in order to use the adapter. Works perfectly except when I power the delay with the same supply. I have no problem when using the power supply built using the schematic at general guitar gadgets and using the loophole with any pt2399 pedal. Anybody knows why this might be happening and if there may be any solution?

hooperharp

update:
this whole power supply just messes up with the pedals. My woolly mammoth doesn't sound as good and my magnavibe doesn't vibe as much as with the GGG power supply. So the problem is definitely in the PS. I guess it's fine if using with just one or two pedals that don't get too messed up with it for a small travel pedalboard, but not for a main board. But if anybody knows if there is a way around it, it would be interesting to know...I'm always into learning new stuff.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

At a guess, I'd say the PS cannot supply enough current for BOTH pedals, so the voltage starts to sag.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

hooperharp

That gives me an idea to try...to put a voltage sag and see if it detunes...though it didn't actually sound very useful. But could be a different sound from the detune switch (which I haven't put)
Thanks!!