News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sticky Thread for Voltages?

Started by RobA, July 21, 2014, 04:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobA

Maybe this has already been suggested (and rejected) or it's here and I missed it, but a sticky thread in the Tech Help section with the voltages from known good builds could be really helpful. I know that there are lots of good voltages floating around, but finding them by searching the forums can be pretty hard because the good levels mainly get masked by the requests for help with not quite right (or really wrong) levels. If such a thread were created, I'd be happy to get out the meter and post some levels from the builds of mine that I know work.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Droogie

Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

muddyfox

heck yeah!
voltages are often asked for and provided yet i can't seem to find verified ones when i need them. i dont have many pedals that havent found a new home but id contribute with voltages from any and all succesful future builds.
lets make this happen, it only takes 10 minutes to type up once a build is verified!

bela1961

This would be great, the one component I have no way of testing, short of checking voltages.

TGP39

Quote from: Droogie on July 21, 2014, 07:06:12 PM
That is a great idea!

+1. I've seen a few other build instructions that do post voltages. Huge help.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

peAk

Ding, ding, ......we have winner.

jtn191

+1! Great idea. Would be really good for fickle fuzzes

twin1965

This would definitely be useful. There's currently thread where someone's having a problem with a Pork Barrel and a list of known good voltages would have helped to troubleshoot the issue.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

selfdestroyer

Quote from: TGP39 on July 22, 2014, 02:12:46 AM
Quote from: Droogie on July 21, 2014, 07:06:12 PM
That is a great idea!

+1. I've seen a few other build instructions that do post voltages. Huge help.

Same here, its been helpful at times.

I would be more than happy to pop open my builds and take readings. Hell, others might be able to spot problems also with each other builds. lol

Cody

RobA

Quote from: twin1965 on July 24, 2014, 09:41:57 PM
This would definitely be useful. There's currently thread where someone's having a problem with a Pork Barrel and a list of known good voltages would have helped to troubleshoot the issue.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, that was the thread that motivated me to start this thread. It can be hard to help when you don't know where the baseline should be.

So, should we just start the thread over in Tech Help? Even if it isn't a sticky thread, it would be easier to find the voltages if they all sit in one thread.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).