News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Clock on DEFX Flange-A-Rama

Started by danfrank, June 20, 2020, 06:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danfrank

Hi everyone. I'm getting ready to build the Ibanez FL-99 clone from DEFX and had a question about the MN3102 clock... It's rated to 100kHz but the F-A-R sweeps from 30kHz to around 800kHz; will the MN3102 still clock well at this speed? If not I was thinking of substituting the Collosalus clock in place of the MN3102. I'm going to have to scope this to adjust, so I guess I will find out for myself; I was just wondering if anyone had experience with this project.
Also, what's the absolute maximum voltage for the MN32XX series of BBDs? Is it 10 volts or 11 volts? I was planning on running this on 12 volts regulated and substitute a LDO 10 volt regulator for the BBD and clock. Maybe I'll do 10 volts regulated plus 9 volts regulated.
I'm looking forward to this build, the one FL-99 youtube video sounds nice.
Thanks

somnif

You can drive the MN3102 pretty damn hard, it's own datasheet lists an example at 1.4MHz. May need some additional buffering and whatnot the higher you ramp the frequency, but presumably the circuit has taken that into consideration (those gurus at DeadEnd are cool like that)

danfrank

Ok, good to know. I just looked at the original FL-99 schematic and see Ibanez used the same configuration.
Thanks for the reply.