News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tube Driver aka Green Bean

Started by ncdb07, December 01, 2013, 11:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncdb07

Haven't uploaded anything in a while. This is my 1st attempt at Envirotex. Got it a little thick. Excellent circuit. It is entirely stock using 1n914 diodes.

]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]

ncdb07
Daniel

ncdb07
Daniel

jimilee

What is that, a behringer overdrive? Looks great!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ncdb07

ncdb07
Daniel

croquet hoop

It looks really great, and the insides are super clean. Is that PPP's granny smith green, or something else?

rullywowr

Super great job!  Did you use envirotex over powdercoat?

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

LaceSensor

Why do you double up on the leads to the spdt switches?

ncdb07

The enclosure color is Granny Smith sparkle from Mammoth electronics. I did use Envirotex over a powder coated enclosure. the reason I doubled up on the leads to the spdt switches was an over sight on my part. I ran out of wire. All I had left was some 32 gauge wire which has like 4 strands to it, so I doubled it.

ncdb07
Daniel
ncdb07
Daniel

jimilee

Quote from: ncdb07 on December 02, 2013, 12:08:10 AM
Thanks!
Sorry are there gut shots, they weren't showing up on my phone, in that case I recant my rehouse wise crack. My apologies.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

This is a great 1st time with Envirotex. Gives me hope that I might be able to pull this off one day. I am so scared to messing it up and having to sand it off or throw away a enclosure. The color you have there is just amazing looking and the Envirotex gives it so much depth. Great job.

ncdb07

Quote from: jimilee on December 02, 2013, 01:38:25 AM

Quote from: ncdb07 on December 02, 2013, 12:08:10 AM
Thanks!
Sorry are there gut shots, they weren't showing up on my phone, in that case I recant my rehouse wise crack. My apologies.

No problem! I was having trouble uploading pics when you posted. Not easily offended. Even though I don't post very often I lurk enough that I am used to everyone's personalities and appreciate all the information everyone so willingly shares and the good nature of the people. Most forums are very snobbish. Great group of people here!

ncdb07
Daniel
ncdb07
Daniel

ncdb07

Quote from: selfdestroyer on December 02, 2013, 01:47:36 AM
This is a great 1st time with Envirotex. Gives me hope that I might be able to pull this off one day. I am so scared to messing it up and having to sand it off or throw away a enclosure. The color you have there is just amazing looking and the Envirotex gives it so much depth. Great job.

Thanks! Juan and Cleggy's tutorial is what I followed I waited and watched for a while as people worked out the best way to approach this method. They deserve all the credit for their hard work, dedication, and willingness to share with us what they have learned. The hardest part is actually letting it cure because you want to fiddle with it.

ncdb07
Daniel
ncdb07
Daniel

pickdropper

This build works for me on many levels.  I really like the color of the enclosure mated with the graphics and those knobs.  The envirotex is just the Bisphenol-A icing on the cake.

But the guts are fantastic.  Very neatly wired.  Great job.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

ncdb07

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words.

The neatness of the wiring (I am still improving), the credit goes to Josh for the 3pdt boards, and Brian for all these great layouts on these circuits. I also really love building in these 125b enclosures. They are the perfect size to me. I am scared to try the 1590a's. I guess I know my limitations and work within them.

ncdb07
Daniel

ncdb07
Daniel

jimilee

Quote from: ncdb07 on December 02, 2013, 03:55:43 AM
Thanks! I appreciate the kind words.

The neatness of the wiring (I am still improving), the credit goes to Josh for the 3pdt boards, and Brian for all these great layouts on these circuits. I also really love building in these 125b enclosures. They are the perfect size to me. I am scared to try the 1590a's. I guess I know my limitations and work within them.

ncdb07
Daniel
Love those stomp boards also. The newer ones I dig even more, they have +9 and ground on both sides,which is great for wiring up multi pedals.

hoodoo

Great looking build mate, love the colour, knobs suit it perfectly and using that font with the envirotex gives it depth, beautiful all round.