News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TS808 + SHO

Started by irmcdermott, September 06, 2012, 06:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Been a long time since I've posted a build report.

Had someone as me if I could build them a TS808 with a SHO after it. So I did. Since I was selling this one, I worked up my own PCB layouts for the circuits (although I'll admit there is heavy inspiration from the tonepad layout on the 808, but they are not identical).

Really happy with the look, and the sound of this one. I powder coated this one with Columbia Coatings Surf Green powder. Since the TS808 is such a classic circuit and I have a love for classic cocktails, I had my brother (an illustrator) draw up a sketch of an Old Fashioned to use on my decal. The only thing I wish were better (as with all of my builds) are the guts.

Thanks for looking.

mgwhit

That looks great!  I'm a sucker for Surf Green and Old Fashioneds.  They compliment each other.

Looks like the switch is asymmetrical silicon and symmetrical LEDs?

irmcdermott

Quote from: mgwhit on September 06, 2012, 07:42:47 PM
That looks great!  I'm a sucker for Surf Green and Old Fashioneds.  They compliment each other.

Looks like the switch is asymmetrical silicon and symmetrical LEDs?

Thanks Matthew!

Yeah, it's got asymmetrical 1N914s and symmetrical LEDs. I really don't like the boost option if you do the diode lift mod, so the switch in there is just an ON-ON SPDT switch.

eldanko

Guts look great to me bro... in my own experience, I've had a lot of trouble getting any of my 2in1 builds to look "clean"... even if the wiring is well thought out.  And don't even try to put an order reversal switch in there and expect it to look like anything less than spaghetti  ;D
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

irmcdermott

Yeah, I really wanted to throw the order switcher in there, but decided against it. it either won't fit, or it will interfere with the graphic, which i did not want either. Should have planned that better :)

Thanks for the kind words.

Ian

nzCdog

Beautiful finishing.  Thats pure class, I like 8)

raulduke

Yep I really like this build mate; very classy.

I'm GAS'ing for a Seafoam Green strat at the moment (with rosewood neck).

gtr2

Great looking build Ian!

Love the color!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Vallhagen

Great idea and nicely finnished job, in- and outside:)

My first box was the BYOC boosted green one, still a favourite.
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

nzCdog

Quote from: raulduke on September 07, 2012, 08:33:08 AM
Yep I really like this build mate; very classy.

I'm GAS'ing for a Seafoam Green strat at the moment (with rosewood neck).

Phwoar!  Another guitar I didn't know I needed....  GAS is contagious