News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

sharkfin IC4 Values

Started by mrsmith, April 02, 2014, 12:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsmith

Hi, the sample/hold feature setting of my sharkfin is not working; the filter is fine. The sample/hold was working, and I think I blew out IC4. Does anyone have the voltage values for that IC? I'm getting what I think are some weird readings, and I want to compare. Thanks.

peAk

I can't get to it now but if someone hasn't helped you by tomorrow, I can get them for you

I am guessing you already tweaked the trim pots?

mrsmith

Yes, and I'm not getting any sound out of the sample/hold side.

mrsmith

peAk

Quote from: mrsmith on April 02, 2014, 01:03:34 AM
Yes, and I'm not getting any sound out of the sample/hold side.

When I first built it, I had the opposite. My s&h was working but my filter sounded terrible. I reflowed everything and that fixed it.

I can get you those values tomorrow if someone can't help you before then.

Also, you can try slightly twisting your pcb and see if it changes anything.

mrsmith

mrsmith

Both sample/hold and filter settings worked first try, but I was attempting to mend a volume drop in my filter setting and replaced R15 with a 100K resister, which I read about someone trying on this forum. It didn't work, and in the process of the swap, I think I blew out IC4. I'm getting quite different readings between IC4 and IC5 and some "0" and low voltages on IC4 that I don't think are correct.

peAk

Hey, not sure if you still need them but I got them for you just in case.

1. 9.07         8. fluctuated
2. 1.2           7. 9.21
3.   0            6. 33.2 mv
4. 9.07         5. 9.07   

Hope this helps

mrsmith

peAk

No problem, hope you get it working.

I love the Sharkfin. I will say that there is a fairly big volume drop on the sample and hold section...if you haven't already noticed.

mrsmith

Mine drops volume on the filter section, and I haven't found a remedy for it yet. It might just be the way it is.

peAk

Cortexturizer did some mods one of them being a clean blend/mix that seem to help with his volume drop. I believe though that his volume drop was also on the sample and hold section.

I didn't notice a drop on the filter section on mine.

I just built a Nautilus before the Sharkfin and sometimes I get them confused when I am thinking about the filter.