News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NBGD!!!

Started by jimilee, December 30, 2013, 10:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So this is my new old bass. About a year ago I traded this to a friend who was just starting out and needed a bass. Apparently he got a 5 string for Christmas and only needs 1 guitar :o I don't understand that either, so I traded him 4 guitar pedals and now my baby is back home!!! Ergodyne EDB 405 series with active electronics and a fader / pickup selector. I love this guitar and had been missing it since I traded it.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Rockhorst

I had something similar, same shape (and electronics probably)...made of that weird 'luthite' compound. I had it for 5 years or so and every time I opened the case it smelled like gasoline. It also sounded quite dull acoustically and was quite heavy...Now the proud owner of a Fender Jazz bass with S-1 switching that takes it into Precision/humbucking territory.

Hope yours is made of wood? Otherwise, bring out the gas mask and keep loving it ;)

jimilee

Quote from: Rockhorst on December 30, 2013, 11:16:33 PM
I had something similar, same shape (and electronics probably)...made of that weird 'luthite' compound. I had it for 5 years or so and every time I opened the case it smelled like gasoline. It also sounded quite dull acoustically and was quite heavy...Now the proud owner of a Fender Jazz bass with S-1 switching that takes it into Precision/humbucking territory.

Hope yours is made of wood? Otherwise, bring out the gas mask and keep loving it ;)
That is one, got a 5 string covered in luthite, played it in bars for years, now it doesn't smell bad at all.  ;D I have several others as well Couple of Pbasses and a jbass among others.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Soup39

Nice folf practice hole tucked back there

jimilee

Quote from: Soup39 on December 31, 2013, 02:33:01 AM
Nice folf practice hole tucked back there
Yep, it's my stepsons. Got it prolly a year ago, put it together and put it right there. Been there ever since.