News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SubZero Amps (UK)

Started by raulduke, May 21, 2013, 01:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

Any of you guys seen these/tried one before?

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/SubZero-Tube-H5-Guitar-Amp-Head/NE1

£89.99 for an all valve 5W head is kind of crazy cheap  :o!

midwayfair

And the combo version's only $10 more!

Scruffie

Damn... I mean it's a modded valve junior isn't it but that price is insanely good, even beats those Thomann copies (can't remember the name) and it looks pretty well made.

If it had one of those new 'night time playing' switches for 1/2 a watt that'd be damn right perfect for me and a lot of other people I bet, although ya can't have it all at that price.
Works at Lectric-FX

raulduke

Thats it.... I'm buying one  :)!

jaidee

Strictly speaking, probably not all valve as the rectifier is almost certainly solid state (only two valves are mentioned in the description).  Still, looks like an excellent bargain!

DutchMF

Quote from: jaidee on May 21, 2013, 04:00:54 PM
Strictly speaking, probably not all valve as the rectifier is almost certainly solid state (only two valves are mentioned in the description).  Still, looks like an excellent bargain!

If that was an issue, only a very small percentage of valve amps would be considered true 'all valve' amps... Would you be willing to tell the proud owner of a nice vintage Blackface Fender Twin that his prized amp is not a 'proper' valve amp?  ;) I know what you mean, so let's not get into that discussion, I just couldn't resist, no offense!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"