News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Past Times Delay (non MB)

Started by CarpathiART, June 11, 2014, 09:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarpathiART

Hello.

I haven´t been building anything in about a year.. or at least gotten anything finished that I have started. But today I finished my first delay. It´s a PT2399 delay based on the MOODY SOUNDS Mushroom Echo.

The original has a LDR behind a switch that you can control the repeat rate by blocking light from "the eye". I added a 3-position switch to choose from three different brightness options for the repeats. Another 3-position switch to choose either the regular delay mode, the manual manipulation mode, or a LFO mode.

The LFO is a simple 555 based circuit that in a sinewavish fashion fades a led in and out. So it´s just a LDR stuffed in a shrink tube with that thing. There´s two interval pots there; One for the REGular and MANual modes and one for the LFO mode. The second (LFO) interval pot acts in the range determined by the first one.  The LFO very adjustable from really slow to ultra fast pulsing. I hope I can pull of some kinda demo for it in some point. The possibilities are quite interesting. I really like the really haunting kinda chorus thing I can pull off addition to a simple moody delays.

The enclosure is messed up with several coats of acrylic paints that are then brushed off with a sponge/sanding paper. Then I just doodled the "graphics" on the thing. There you go.

televisiondown

Great job! Looks cool and...mushroom-y. Is this on vero? Do you have a layout? I couldn't find one.
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

midwayfair

icecycle66

That enclosure is right up my alley.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

lincolnic

That enclosure is so awesome. I'm getting kind of a Ralph Steadman vibe.

CarpathiART

Thanks! Ralph Steadman kicks some serious ass by the way :) I was initially going for a bit more eerie serious deirction but then I realized how much knobs there were going to be so I just splattered it out the way in the vein of White Zombie and Silent Hill, two thigns I seem to be almost obsessed about.

I didn´t sand or sponge it even at all and just laid few coats of matte laquer or it to keep it a bit rough all around.

m-Kresol

That is one unique finish you have there. Really well done
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

culturejam

That artwork is insanely good!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

peAk

Absolutely love the graphics

I would love to hear this thing

pryde

Quote from: culturejam on June 12, 2014, 05:35:48 PM
That artwork is insanely good!

THIS.
I am normally not a fan of hand-painted enclosures but this one is outstanding. Awesome job.

CarpathiART

Quote from: peAk on June 12, 2014, 09:58:00 PM
I would love to hear this thing

I just got my gear back up again after a recording session so I hope to get something up soon. I actually play mostly bass and this thing was intended to be used in my bass pedal setup so I´ll probably play the demo like that too. My good ole beat up strat has such hum and noise it wouldn´t do the pedal much justice.

Matt

Matt

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper