N.O.S (New Old Slacker)

Started by GrindCustoms, November 27, 2023, 05:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jimilee on November 29, 2023, 03:52:15 AM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on November 29, 2023, 03:26:00 AM
Quote from: Chinaski on November 28, 2023, 01:09:08 PM
What a coincidence. When I was in this forum and building way back when, you were still on here.
I just recently got back into building and was wondering about you.

Welcome back, man.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

There's no such thing as coincidences, welcome back sir!

Quote from: oeslicoalfin on November 28, 2023, 05:51:04 PM
Rej,
Glad to see you're back.
Still have my some of the cache of BC109Cs I bought from you way back when...
Would love to get my hands on some Mu series PCBs whenever you figure out what you've got laying around.
Cheers,
Wes

Thank you, i'd have to check with Jubal81, i do still have some of the Mu project in hand, well kept in the vault. The "280Kg" compressor and 5F3 circuit are imo must builds, amazing tone shaping tools.

Had a good run with those BC109c, Juansolo was trans-shipping me those from UK, i think we emptied the stocks from that supplier. Although i know that i still have couple thousands of Fairchild BC109 w/plastic case. When i put up my component sale post up, they'll be in there.

Quote from: gordo on November 29, 2023, 01:23:08 AM
Rej, you've always been a source of inspiration just in attitude alone so it's really great to see you poke your head in the door even if to say "wtf". 

Y'all making me emotional, thawing my perma-frosted tundra heart away!
First thing that came to mind is that Cockatoo meme who bounces while chirping WhaDaFook! WhaDaFook! WhaDaFook! hahahaha
Bwahahahaha, I gotta find that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found it!

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jimilee

Quote from: GrindCustoms on December 02, 2023, 02:01:54 PM
Quote from: jimilee on November 29, 2023, 03:52:15 AM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on November 29, 2023, 03:26:00 AM
Quote from: Chinaski on November 28, 2023, 01:09:08 PM
What a coincidence. When I was in this forum and building way back when, you were still on here.
I just recently got back into building and was wondering about you.

Welcome back, man.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

There's no such thing as coincidences, welcome back sir!

Quote from: oeslicoalfin on November 28, 2023, 05:51:04 PM
Rej,
Glad to see you're back.
Still have my some of the cache of BC109Cs I bought from you way back when...
Would love to get my hands on some Mu series PCBs whenever you figure out what you've got laying around.
Cheers,
Wes

Thank you, i'd have to check with Jubal81, i do still have some of the Mu project in hand, well kept in the vault. The "280Kg" compressor and 5F3 circuit are imo must builds, amazing tone shaping tools.

Had a good run with those BC109c, Juansolo was trans-shipping me those from UK, i think we emptied the stocks from that supplier. Although i know that i still have couple thousands of Fairchild BC109 w/plastic case. When i put up my component sale post up, they'll be in there.

Quote from: gordo on November 29, 2023, 01:23:08 AM
Rej, you've always been a source of inspiration just in attitude alone so it's really great to see you poke your head in the door even if to say "wtf". 

Y'all making me emotional, thawing my perma-frosted tundra heart away!
First thing that came to mind is that Cockatoo meme who bounces while chirping WhaDaFook! WhaDaFook! WhaDaFook! hahahaha
Bwahahahaha, I gotta find that.

I found it!

Excellent, glad you found it. I scoured the internet a while back and was able to find 6 or 8 BOMs, myself.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bret608

Rej, to answer your question, we drove from Wisconsin all the way to Montreal. I received a large parking ticket in the old Montreal area when I did not see the "livres seulement" sign near my parking spot.  :) I could understand what it said, but it was kind of hidden!

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Bret608 on December 05, 2023, 02:08:35 PM
Rej, to answer your question, we drove from Wisconsin all the way to Montreal. I received a large parking ticket in the old Montreal area when I did not see the "livres seulement" sign near my parking spot.  :) I could understand what it said, but it was kind of hidden!

Gotcha, that's a decent road trip for sure!  Hope you had a good time up there, i haven't went in Montreal for the last 3 years i think and i don't really miss it, i'm quite happy in my Boreal Forest, moose and black flies hahaha!

But yeah, that was a parking spot for Delivery Only, Montreal and Quebec province overall are soooooooo narrow minded toward the use of English on signs, i won't start on that or i'll write another novel lol!