News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Making the odd PCB board

Started by fendman, December 31, 2012, 07:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fendman

I have recently been trying out overhead transparency's with my inkjet with the diy pcb's  and the results have been great..the only down side is I don't want the board layout and circuit descriptions on the same page.

I know there is probably a way I can just have the circuit on its own...and as it is quite expensive I would like to be able to put as many as I can on one A4 sheet.

Can anybody give advice on this...on how I can do it??  Sorry I am not that computer au fait, there always seems to be such a big learning curve and I ain't getting any younger :(

DutchMF

I'm not really sure I get what you want to do, but if this is Eagle related, you can turn of the layers that contain the stuff you don't want....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Haberdasher

I do it a different way in photoshop, but you can probably just google how to extract image from a pdf and find what you need.  I don't think there's much to it.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

fendman

Hi Paul .., and Haberdasher  if you look at any off Brians pdf build instructions you always get a pcb layout, its those I am really talking about....

hammerheadmusicman

You on a mac? If so open preview> select the area you want, using the rectangular selection thingy (don't know what it's called) > copy > then go in to the menu at the top and select new from clipboard..

Hopefully this will help

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

fendman

I am on windows xp, I have looked at ways to extract images from pdf files but like I said earlier I am not that clued up on computer software...so may have to just continue the way I have been doing it..which is a bit wasteful, anyway guys thanks for your input :)

Haberdasher

OK i think if you are using adobe reader you may not be able to extract.
You can use a different free reader from Nitro and my understanding is that it will allow you to extract.  I haven't tried it myself and of course it will require you to install a new program to your machine.  Might be worth a shot though...
http://legacy.nitropdf.com/free/
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

djaaz

Quote from: fendman on December 31, 2012, 09:04:22 PM
I am on windows xp, I have looked at ways to extract images from pdf files but like I said earlier I am not that clued up on computer software...so may have to just continue the way I have been doing it..which is a bit wasteful, anyway guys thanks for your input :)

I use inkscape to do so (i also use it for drilling templates, artwork and so on)

It's freeware, easy to find & install.

And then from inkscape, you choose import, select your pdf, the page you want to import.

Inkscape will import this a a single "object". From the object menu, choose "ungroup". Select the pcb image, copy it and paste it after deleting the imported page.

fendman

I have looked at both softwares and have tried the inscape and got a bit lost but I did manage to get to the part about Select the pcb image, copy it and paste it after deleting the imported page.

That bit didn't make sense to me lol... anyway I will have a look at it in the morning as it is now New year here in the UK .........So Happy New year to everyone.Thanks again guys you are all so helpful here.

jeffaroo

why dont you click and drag a hilight over the image and press ctrl & C
then ctl & V to dump it where you want it
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

snz728

adobe has a camera tool that copies images and then paste them in word or something else

wolfingsworth

You could do what I do with PNP and just cut it out and tape it to the regular paper  ;D I'm a bit low tech if you can't tell.

gordo

^^^^^
Me too, but it saves a lot of money in less wasted PNP/Photo paper/transparency...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

fendman

Well I have tried most of your suggestions guys, some have worked out for me and it has all been a great help.Do I feel a little more confident now?? :-\

I managed to extract the Road Rage cct with Inscape and saved the graphic in Acrobat Reader as a pdf file  Hmmmm,it confused me to... but I have since been able to do it without Inscape and they are perfect. Anyway I will need  a few of these charge pumps as they are a useful little circuit that can been used in a lot of builds.

Thanks again guys for your much appreciated help :)

Mike

Mike @ Rawkworks

My method :

Zoom in and press Crtl + PrintScreen

Open Paint and Ctrl + V (paste)

Highlight what you need and copy and paste it to Microsoft word

You can use the Word format tool to make it the exact size you need then copy and paste that image as much as you need to.
Mike
mike@rawkworks.com