News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ever regretted selling a pedal?

Started by drolo, January 08, 2015, 12:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars

I've probably mentioned it before, but I should have never gotten rid of my Boss RSD-10. I know, it looks like a cheesy 80's wanna be rack unit, but it created some pretty unique delay sounds. It was especially fun to use on bass.

96ecss

Quote from: GrindCustoms on January 08, 2015, 10:33:10 PM
The Boss OC2 i had when i was 16 years old... ...should have never sell that.

My OC-2 is the only pedal that I still have from the "old days" before I started building pedals. I still love it and I still use it occasionally.

Dave

drolo

Quote from: gordo on January 09, 2015, 03:43:50 AM
Stolen ones were an original Dyna-Comp, Univibe with the controller pedal and box, DMM, original Small Stone, and original Phase 90.
Ouch that sucks, to quote Nick Cave: People they ain't no good ...

Cortexturizer

The one that I miss the most is actually a DIY build that an acquaintance had built and I had bought from him at a time when I was just starting with this hobby. It was a particularly sweet 69 fuzz face that was just right on all accounts. I regret selling it, it was for a very very very low price due to the GAS I was having at the time for some production pedals...that I now use one tenth of the time that I was using that FF.

There's another one, a Maxon made Blubber Crying baby machine wah-wah from 1976. It had it all. Fantastic tone. Perfect tone I'd say. I did get incredibly lucky to trade that one and another chorus for a squier classic vibe 60s guitar, but still...I regret not having it anymore.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

rullywowr

Deluxe Memory Man with Tap Tempo 1100ms. I bought two a few years ago for $450 each because I knew they were rare and limited.  I needed the money so I sold one for $450. Now they are going for upwards of $800!  Sheesh.  At least I still have one.  Love it.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

blearyeyes

Boss CS-2
Boss CE-2
Boss DM-2

If I knew then what I know now....

1964 Rickenbacker 360-12 string I picked up for $450 that looked like it was in bad shape. A little vinegar and rubbing the guitar looked brand new.  Sold it for $900 a few years later cause the intonation is a bitch on those but still..... I really miss that guitar.

GermanCdn

That I've sold?  No.  That I've borrowed and never got back?  Hell yeah.

Borrowed a buddy of mine a bag of pedals for a tour he was doing.  In it was an OC-2, an original (though beat to shit) Ibanez CF-9 in its puke yellow glory, an original MXR Distortion + (no DC jack, had to run an external battery pack), a CS-2, a Nobels tremolo, and some other stuff.  Haven't seen them since.  While I harbour no ill will, I would have liked to have them back, especially the CF-9.

As far as guitars I sold, I would like to have a couple of them back.  I sold a burnt orange PRS CE-22 alder trem before I moved to Europe cause I didn't want to store it, that was stupid (no, the fact that I have two CU22s, a MAH CE-22 and two CE-24s doesn't mean I don't need another).  That, and a Les Paul I let go a while back, if I'd sunk a couple of hundred into it for a new properly cut nut and a pro setup, it would have been killer.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

BaklavaMetal

I sold Carbon Copy, twice. First time for paying the bills, second time for a new amp. I still miss it, but it goes against my principles to buy another one because it's not diy :P, so i get by with my DBD clone
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women!
That is good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msTgvtQTEZ4&list=UUu0WQ4lkQv4LQS0n-AWCGTQ

Scruffie

Memory Man Echo/Chorus model when I needed the money, had needed some work and refurbing I couldn't find time to do... I think the3secondrule might have it though? 8)

My Dr Scientist Reverb mini proto i'd won, that was to pay bills that month, just wish i'd sold the hardwire instead but I kept it because it had more features... the hall just doesn't get anywhere near as wet and deep though and that's ma jam.

Oh and trading a Sovtek Small Stone, sounded great and the pedal I traded it for I ended up selling and it got 'lost' in the post so one paypal claim later I was out of pocket and pedal.
Works at Lectric-FX

drolo

YES!!
Scored a DOD FX17 on ebay in Germany :-)
It even has the battery door. Not that I care much about it , but it's funny to see that 99% of DOD pedals you see selling are missing their battery doors. Even saw some place on the internet where a guy had made a project to 3D print these ... pretty bad design there, it seems ;-)

Looking forward to welcome this baby back home :-)

What goes around comes around ...

pryde

Quote from: madbean on January 08, 2015, 03:59:03 PM
Not a pedal, but one of my guitars. My Ibanez s540 which I sold to pay my rent in the 90's. I still look for it on eBay. Someday I will get it back...it has a very distinctive chip on it.

Funny I feel the same about my early 80's Ibanez Roadstar II. My first guitar, sold it like an idiot for beer money or something silly. I SO want it back to give to my daughter as it has/had a custom floral pick guard. Eats at me  >:(

pickdropper

Since the conversation has shifted to guitars, I can talk about selling my first guitar, a Kramer Striker.

I do regret selling it.  I should've put it in a wood chipper instead.  😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GermanCdn

Quote from: pickdropper on January 23, 2015, 02:57:41 PM
Since the conversation has shifted to guitars, I can talk about selling my first guitar, a Kramer Striker.

I do regret selling it.  I should've put it in a wood chipper instead. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's with the Kramer hate?  The Satchel signature Pacer is coming!  I'm joking, but just a little, cause I am a huge Steel Panther fan, and as of late some really un-me guitars have been finding their way into my collection, like a Hamer Californian, a Charvel So-Cal, a heavily modded Charvel Model 1, a neck through RR, and I've been finding myself longing for a Kelly and a Pacer.  Methinks there's a disturbance in the force.

My first electric was an Ibanez XV500.  Totally wrong guitar for the first guitar (stupid pre-Edge bridge, stupid anorexic half Dean ML body, cool paint job though).  It met with a table saw, though I think I still have the neck somewhere.  Fortunately, my second guitar was a tele, and after that, mmmmm, it gets a little hazy.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.