News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Sagittary! aka dual sunking w/ ultra switching options!

Started by tubeman, May 10, 2011, 11:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

will do. I've also been using the ones from radio shack. it's one of the few things worth while there. they are heavy duty with very nice chrome plating albeit with a very high side wall.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

Jimihendrix1987

Ei men !! I have just placed an order in Banzai, but there wasn't LM313H there.

What have you been looking at there? Which is its european name?

I hope you will read this and may answer as soon as possible ;)

JakeFuzz

Quote from: Jimihendrix1987 on June 05, 2011, 03:35:02 PM
Ei men !! I have just placed an order in Banzai, but there wasn't LM313H there.

What have you been looking at there? Which is its european name?

I hope you will read this and may answer as soon as possible ;)

We were talking about those flat LED bezels tubeman used in his build. I don't think you will find those diodes readily available anywhere, I looked!

Jimihendrix1987

Oh damn !  >:(

Thanks anyway Jake ;) ... I'm being GASSED by this f$%&( diodes :(... But shipment to Spain is expensive enough  >:(

There are some pretty LM diodes in talonix.com... at affordable and reasonable prices... But shipment to Europe is about 20$$ !!!

cjkbug

Quote from: Jimihendrix1987 on June 05, 2011, 06:01:27 PM
Oh damn !  >:(

Thanks anyway Jake ;) ... I'm being GASSED by this f$%&( diodes :(... But shipment to Spain is expensive enough  >:(

There are some pretty LM diodes in talonix.com... at affordable and reasonable prices... But shipment to Europe is about 20$$ !!!
oh well... as long as they'e pretty! lol
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

bigmufffuzzwizz

That seems to be a good price on them especially if they are NOS ones like tubeman has. They must have bought a whole crapload of them!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Jimihendrix1987

Yes BigMuff... They are rated at good price (compared with ones I found out in eBay at 10€ per diode)... I wish I could buy a few with Brian's shipping costs to Spain !!

Sorry for all those outtopic comments  ::)

JakeFuzz

Quote from: masterlk on June 05, 2011, 04:52:39 AM
Could the folks that purchased the LM313H diodes please post your results/opinions of them? I ended up buying some from Talon Electronics but won't be able to get them in use for a while. I'm sure the community here would be interested if we could improve our Sunkings!

Thanks.

http://www.talonix.com/shop/search.aspx?sortby=name&search=lm313h&sfield=keywords

Just bought a pair from Talon. Sorry for the false start tubeman, didn't see this link earlier.

How long does talon take to get these off? I will have my new Sunking up and running hopefully next weekend, if these diodes come in before then I can do a video demo comparison of these and 1n34a, 1n60, BAT41 and BAT46 in the circuit.

masterlk

It took a week to get mine,they ship USPS. I'm in the states.

k.rock!

... if these diodes come in before then I can do a video demo comparison of these and 1n34a, 1n60, BAT41 and BAT46 in the circuit.

This would be AWESOME man! Please do :) Thanks!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

JakeFuzz

Wow that was fast! Talon shipped out this morning. Should have them in two days. Sunking will be done on Thursday night and videos on Friday, I can't wait to hear these secret "mojo" diodes!

masterlk

They are not NOS. They are from a production run in 2006 week 4. That is the answer from their sales dept. anyway.

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on June 05, 2011, 06:21:45 PM
That seems to be a good price on them especially if they are NOS ones like tubeman has. They must have bought a whole crapload of them!

tubeman

I have had no good experience shipping items to the other side of the pond with any economical means.

Any one have a better idea? Maybe madbean will post in here and specify how he ships to Europe, etc and keeps the costs low? If I can find the way, I'm cool with doing it.

Just never had any luck shipping overseas. I seem to always end up out of pocket.

TaylorMade

Has anyone considered using the ICL8069?  It's an LM313 clone, made by Intersil and Maxim.  Same 1.2V reference, just in a plastic package.  I first ran into them in college - used them as a reference for a scratch-built A to D converter for a 300 level class.   

For a true LM313H clone, look at the ICL8069 in the "DCS" package, a mil 2 pin metal package like tubeman has in his pix.  Racal Dana and Fluke used them by the butt loads in their DMM designs in the 80s.  I've got a used one from a fluke meter - part number 508259.   IIRC, Racal used the D package with the MIL burn-in designator.

Might be an easier find.    Also keep in mind that National Semi used a LM1XX = Industrial/Mil (tight!), LM2XX=Industrial, and LM3XX=Commercial/Consumer Goods system.  With that, the LM113H and LM213H are also alternates that could be used if found....

Hope this makes sense!

Taylor V

TaylorMade

WRT my earlier post, an LM385BZ-1.2G is also an inexpensive alternative.  75 cents each at mouser.   I sure wish they made these back when I was in school!

Anyway, you can thank my buddy Pete for the suggestion.  He's an engineer with a instrumentation firm.  I only test load cells and piezo amplifiers for a defense contractor.

Taylor V