News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Jhs warbletron

Started by Jmilla, January 17, 2014, 05:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmilla

Anyone know for sure what this is a clone of? Is it actually a univibe or more like the runoffgroove tri vibe?

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

midwayfair

Scruffie

Why, it's a Uni-Vibe with a charge pump, i'm sure they just came up with the idea and never ever checked madbeans page for project inspiration...  ::)

14 transistors, I wonder if they stuck with the original design with a PSO passive darlington (can't think of a better term) or if one of those is a J-FET.
Works at Lectric-FX

midwayfair

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX

DutchMF

just looked this up on the JHS interwebz page, but doesn't the big knob stick out over the edge of the enclosure? It doesn't affect how it sounds, but I would not pay $299 for a pedal with a mis-alligned knob......

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Govmnt_Lacky

Im normally a function over esthetics guy but....

For $300.... I would like to see a little more effort put into the presentation. Its barely more than a powder coated box!  ::)

Jmilla

Yeah I figured it had been a ripoff of some sort. I am glad I talked a buddy out of buying one and told him about the harbinger instead since he builds pedals too.

culturejam

Quote from: midwayfair on January 17, 2014, 07:11:24 PM
Lol: 15mA power consumption

On what planet?

;D

There are three LEDs in the circuit. So when it's bypassed and both of the oscillating LEDs are at their darkest, it might be 15ma.  ;D

The typical draw for diffused LEDs is about 20ma. Water-clear are closer to 30ma.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

LaceSensor

It's stated to be "bulb driven" on some of their literature...

atreidesheir

Quote from: Jmilla on January 17, 2014, 05:02:52 PM
Anyone know for sure what this is a clone of? Is it actually a univibe or more like the runoffgroove tri vibe?
Why do you presume it to be a clone?
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

midwayfair

Quote from: LaceSensor on January 18, 2014, 01:11:31 AM
It's stated to be "bulb driven" on some of their literature...

A white LED looks like a bulb if you squint at it just right. Or if you look directly at it for a couple seconds ... then you can't tell the difference.