News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zappa's birth/death date on the new Karate Shop pcb?

Started by maysink, April 24, 2011, 09:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maysink

I was just looking at the image of the new fabb'd slap chop (karate shop) and do I see a 'years active' date underneath the quad opamp location?
[nothing to see here]
-e

bigmufffuzzwizz

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

madbean

cjkbug

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

thetrend77

Myramyd

"Guess you only get one chance in life to play a song that goes like...boing, boing, boing"

cjkbug

CRBMoA

My best friend in high school got me started as a bassist (long, OT story for another derail.....LOL).

He went on to get a Bachelors in Music Composition.

He named his dog Etienne (sp?).

I asked him what it meant.

He said it was French for Steve.

Myramyd

This thread reminded me that I had "Zappa Plays Zappa" waiting for me, still in the red Netflix envelope. So I finally watched it last night.

WOW...ummm...WOW...

Highly recommend any musician watch it (unless you are curse-word averse). Prepare to be humbled.

Makes me want to pull out my "Baby Snakes" and "Does Humor Belong in Music?" DVDs to rewatch.

J

bigmufffuzzwizz

Every once in awhile my dad decides to tell me little stories about his past kept secrets. Like him working at the fillmore east 1970-71' and working with zappa when he got to California. I wish he hadn't taken so much LSD. Maybe he'd remember half of what happened but I guess that means he lived it..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

cjkbug

I saw dweezil and the band on the first run of zappa plays zappa. both terry bozzio, steve vai, and napoleon murphy brock were with him. that was the most amazing musical experience of my life. I took my wife who never heard zappa in her life. her mind was totally blown.

maysink

I try to catch ZPZ whenever they come to the pacific northwest. I've enjoyed the hell out of each show but have noticed two things: the stage-humor I hear on old zappa boots is missing and they sometimes almost look bored they're so well rehearsed.

I was stunned when they played 'G-Spot Tornado' and NAILED it. 'Billy the Mountain' was pretty incredible, too.
[nothing to see here]
-e

irmcdermott

listening to The Mothers live at the Filmore East, June 1971 as I type this. so good

Haberdasher

& I'm listening to Zappa live in Passaic NJ 10/13/78.  Fantastic.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

maysink

That is a great show. Suicide Chump and Black Napkins. 'nuff said.
[nothing to see here]
-e