News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rehoused the "D"

Started by flanagan0718, February 16, 2017, 03:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Hello,
     A while ago I did a 1590A reverb for a friend. Well the crappy jacks I used failed and they needed to be replaced. So, I basically rebuilt this pedal. New Jacks, Enclosure, wiring, and Pot. It's a 1776 Rub-A-Dub reverb. Jon Patton (Midwayfair) did the PCB layout. Here are a couple pictures!

Here is a side by side of the new enclosure (on the left) vs the old one (on the right).

Hope you guys like it. Thanks.

-Mike-

drolo

Your etching certainly has become sharper :-)
Is that a diy knob ?

flanagan0718

Quote from: drolo on February 16, 2017, 04:00:03 PM
Your etching certainly has become sharper :-)
Is that a diy knob ?

Nope I actually got it from okw enclosures. They are expensive, but really nice!

zombie_rock123

What PCB layout?! Just pretend its straight into the brick and baffle people ;D looks amazing, I can barely fit a jack and a pot into an A so I love build reports like this.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

midwayfair

This post is triggering my PRSD (post 1590A reverb stress disorder).

flanagan0718

Quote from: midwayfair on February 16, 2017, 04:16:19 PM
This post is triggering my PRSD (post 1590A reverb stress disorder).

lol Mine too. this was the 2nd enclosure i etched for this rehouse. The first i botched drilling.

flanagan0718

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on February 16, 2017, 04:12:07 PM
What PCB layout?! Just pretend its straight into the brick and baffle people ;D looks amazing, I can barely fit a jack and a pot into an A so I love build reports like this.

And to make things worse I didn't use those jacks...i used the open frame nuetrik jacks...which are bigger.
See

I'll see if i can find the layout for it. and post it if that's cool with Jon.?

midwayfair

Quote from: flanagan0718 on February 16, 2017, 04:37:39 PM

And to make things worse I didn't use those jacks...i used the open frame nuetrik jacks...which are bigger.

I think you might have posted it in the original build thread. Was that something lost in the crash?

flanagan0718

Quote from: midwayfair on February 16, 2017, 04:43:23 PM
Quote from: flanagan0718 on February 16, 2017, 04:37:39 PM

I think you might have posted it in the original build thread. Was that something lost in the crash?

that is a good possibility. I'll see if i can find it tho.

flanagan0718

I found the files. I highly recommend doing the mods that Jon talks about in the doc. They make the build really shimmer. Here is a link to the folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u8v8ryynw4wrk3z/AABbwSvT0EOM5Tu9E4zkFq6la?dl=0

blearyeyes

Post 1590A Stress Disorder...can you get that just from looking or do you have to actually build one. I'm feeling a bit off after that build.

mrclean77

Cramming all that in a 1590A once: curious/devoted

Doing it twice: officially masochistic

(Should this ever apply)

Three times: "out"ing yourself as non-human

bcalla

Boba7

Yep, insane and absolutely lovely! Love the look of it! Great great job!!

flanagan0718

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I delivered it to my friend Darren yesterday. He's in love with it! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk