News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dyna Comp (Aion Aurora)

Started by Bio77, March 06, 2022, 08:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

I built a few of these for friends and I really dug them, so, I made this one for myself  8)  I'm not a fan of subtle effects, so, this is the only compressor I've ever really gotten into.  The little strip board is to move the few components off of the Aion breakout board, so, I could add the Softie.  If there is a Softie update in the future, I think it would be cool to move the DC2 pads after the protection diode and filtering caps. 

Enclosure is no-film on a Tayda powder coat.  I was worried that the dark gray would be too dark, but it came out great.   The graphics are supposed to be the evolution of the Sagan inspired pedals I've made.  I picture the Sagan ones being released 80-84  and my latest coming out 87-89  ::)

I made a PedalPCB VB-2 in the same style and my DC-Echo, when I get it working  :P

https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/viib.10404/#post-104522

harryklippton

I said this before and I'll say it again. Your graphic styling KILLS ME. I'm going to rip it off so hard when I get a chance. Good lord this looks sick

Bio77

Quote from: harryklippton on March 06, 2022, 08:54:19 PM
I said this before and I'll say it again. Your graphic styling KILLS ME. I'm going to rip it off so hard when I get a chance. Good lord this looks sick
Rip away, brother  ;D  I'd be happy to send you files if you want.

cooder

Top notch again and agree the graphics rip! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

Bret608

I really like how the graphics look with that dark gray! I'll have to try out that color. The Hammond light gray looks so light it's hard to tell it's gray, compared to this anyway.

jjjimi84

Looks great! Really nice work