News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harmonic Percolator & Systech Overdrive 2in1 Pedal

Started by ThePastRecedes, June 20, 2014, 12:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePastRecedes

The idea was to build a Harmonic Percolator 2in1 pedal with separate in/outputs so it can be routed in multiple places on a pedalboard.

So the Systech OD half... I hate perfboard, stripboard... all of them... Since I couldn't find a PCB I decided to just make it. It's more time for me but it'll give a much better looking build. Here's the schematic drawn in Eagle:

I worked out a PCB layout. I have to boards left too if you don't want to make them yourself. They're designed to fit in a 1590A

Printed at OSH Park:

Filed the edges nice and smooth:

Partially populated:

I don't have many pics of the HP part but here it is with all it's mojo. It just needs a few more parts.

And the enclosure it will go in:

Drilling template attached

Drilled

Mockups double checking for clearance. Nothing is perfectly straight since I didn't tighten the parts down.

Nearly there, just needs the germanium soldered in for the percolator.

Finally done!

I was sent a knob less than I should have so it's got my tele knob on there until it arrives.   

The Systech Overdrive sounds fantastic! I'm building it off schematics I've found online so I'm going to compare it to some online demos and see if it needs any tweaks. But hey, I think I'm gonna build myself one exactly like this. I'll probably add an expression input for the EQ since it's very wah-like. If you want a cocked wah fuzz, this is it!
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Stomptown

lincolnic

Rad! Out of curiosity, why did you decide to do the Percolator with turretboard?

karter2000

Very nice. Definitely interested in one of your spare Systech boards as that's been on my list of builds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ThePastRecedes

Quote from: lincolnic on June 20, 2014, 06:14:09 AM
Rad! Out of curiosity, why did you decide to do the Percolator with turretboard?
Honestly, it was for M@J@ T0nz  ::)
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

ThePastRecedes

Quote from: karter2000 on June 20, 2014, 06:28:27 AM
Very nice. Definitely interested in one of your spare Systech boards as that's been on my list of builds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PM'd you

Bret608

Cool! I'm curious to hear what the Systech OD sounds like. I've only ever heard of the Harmonic Energizer. I'm guessing this is a really cool combination.

ThePastRecedes

Quote from: Bret608 on June 20, 2014, 01:48:09 PM
Cool! I'm curious to hear what the Systech OD sounds like.
It's a overdrive pedal with an EQ that sounds very much like a wah. I have had a little fun will rotating the knob and playing with one hand to get almost a fuzz-wah sound. So in short it sounds like a cocked wah going into an overdrive.

My camera battery died while trying to do a demo the other day and I can't seem to find the charger... I'll try and get one up pretty soon though.