News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

workin on a layout... need some feedback

Started by zilla, September 05, 2014, 10:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zilla

So I'm working on a distortion pedal and I'm having a bit of a dilemma on toggle switches vs stomp switches.

there are 3 functions:  Bypass, Boost, and Crunch/Lead

a 1590BB isn't large enough to accommodate three stomp switches and still be functional (IMHO) even if it is in landscape orientation. My preference is to keep it in a BB enclosure rather than going to a larger 1790NS

There is room for 2 stomp switches and a toggle.

So the question is, which function gets assigned to the toggle switch; boost or Crunch/Lead?

what do you find to be more useful in a stomp switch?

Blues Healer

I would think you'd want the boost on a switch.
"music heals"

ThePastRecedes

I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

GermanCdn

Boost on the footswitch, Crunch on the toggle.

Plexi away.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

davent

I'll go against the grain and suggest three stomps in landscape. Try a mockup with the center one as close to the front edge as posssible and the two outers up some from the front edge. Did this on an echo base and works fine with my size 13's.

1590Q= square equal to the long side of a bb

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?