I want to try etching my first PCB on something simple so I decided to make the MXR distortion plus. Now I need the PCB layout so I can print and etch it. It seems like all the build docs I find for that circuit don't allow me to cut/paste/resize the image to the correct dimensions. Does anyone have just the pcb layout that I can pop into a Word document and resize it for printing? Anyone?
I found one on GGG that should work. I just have to double check the components on it.
PCB layouts are best printed in PDF (which prints actual size) or resized with a program like Inkscape (free). This helps preserve the original size and resolution. I wouldn't use Word, personally.
Thanks. My Adobe scaling was set wrong so it didn't print the right size the first time so I figured why not copy them to a word doc and then I can size them and print several on the same page if I want. It does seem like getting the EXACT size by using the pdf is most important.
Quote from: das234 on June 13, 2013, 10:33:39 PM
Thanks. My Adobe scaling was set wrong so it didn't print the right size the first time so I figured why not copy them to a word doc and then I can size them and print several on the same page if I want. It does seem like getting the EXACT size by using the pdf is most important.
Glad to help. I think this is a great approach. Most of the sizes of blank PCB can fit at least 4 circuits on them without a problem. I usually open the PDF in inkscape, duplicate the image (CTRL+D) and then just place 4 side by side to fit the copper clad I am working with. This gives you spares or helps out if one of the transfers gets botched up. The allignment tools (SHIFT+CTRL+A) in Inkscape are awesome for getting everything lined up great.