madbeanpedals::forum

General => Open Discussion => Topic started by: Tremster on March 12, 2016, 06:45:50 PM

Title: 11.000 $ Tubescreamer for sale - SRV's personal
Post by: Tremster on March 12, 2016, 06:45:50 PM
Anyone want an overdrive pedal?
http://www.emeraldcityguitars.com/product/stevie-ray-vaughans-personal-ibanez-tube-screamer-ts-808/ (http://www.emeraldcityguitars.com/product/stevie-ray-vaughans-personal-ibanez-tube-screamer-ts-808/)
Title: Re: 11.000 $ Tubescreamer for sale - SRV's personal
Post by: nzCdog on March 12, 2016, 06:56:38 PM
Hah saw that. No gut shot?? I wanna see the mojo! ;D
Title: Re: 11.000 $ Tubescreamer for sale - SRV's personal
Post by: culturejam on March 13, 2016, 03:52:00 AM
I got excited because I thought someone was selilng $11.00 Tubescreamers.  ;D
Title: Re: 11.000 $ Tubescreamer for sale - SRV's personal
Post by: AntKnee on March 13, 2016, 04:34:10 AM
Its the pedal of destiny!
That should be in a museum, or Hard Rock Cafe or something.
I want to see the guts, too.
They should not have posted pics of it. Now someone will duplicate the relic finish.
Title: Re: 11.000 $ Tubescreamer for sale - SRV's personal
Post by: Gainzilla on March 13, 2016, 04:57:39 AM
That's like 3 blocks from my office. I should go down there and see if they'll let me touch it. Maybe some of the mojo will transfer. ;)
Title: Re: 11.000 $ Tubescreamer for sale - SRV's personal
Post by: stecykmi on March 13, 2016, 09:38:42 PM
Quote from: Gainzilla on March 13, 2016, 04:57:39 AM
That's like 3 blocks from my office. I should go down there and see if they'll let me touch it. Maybe some of the mojo will transfer. ;)

lawl.

just dont go there and touch yourself, at best they'll throw you out. at worst, call the cops.
Title: Re: 11.000 $ Tubescreamer for sale - SRV's personal
Post by: atreidesheir on March 13, 2016, 09:40:48 PM
Looks like it was kept in a septic tank.

I know he was rough on his equipment.
Title: Re: 11.000 $ Tubescreamer for sale - SRV's personal
Post by: pickdropper on March 13, 2016, 10:01:05 PM
Stevie was known for stacking tube screamers.

So, I'll wait to buy this until they find the second one and then get both.
Title: Re: 11.000 $ Tubescreamer for sale - SRV's personal
Post by: Aristatertotle on March 14, 2016, 12:15:07 AM
Quote from: AntKnee on March 13, 2016, 04:34:10 AM
Its the pedal of destiny!
That should be in a museum, or Hard Rock Cafe or something.
I want to see the guts, too.
They should not have posted pics of it. Now someone will duplicate the relic finish.

Time to bust out the rock tumbler!
Title: Re: 11.000 $ Tubescreamer for sale - SRV's personal
Post by: Gainzilla on March 14, 2016, 04:29:26 PM
Quote from: stecykmi on March 13, 2016, 09:38:42 PM
lawl.

just dont go there and touch yourself, at best they'll throw you out. at worst, call the cops.

It should be fine, as long as I yell out Lenny, and say The mojo helped me channel SRVs tormented spirit, still trapped inside the pedal. They'll just quietly double the price. Hehe
Title: Re: 11.000 $ Tubescreamer for sale - SRV's personal
Post by: GermanCdn on March 14, 2016, 10:43:26 PM
Mmmmm, I've seen this pedal listed elsewhere (or maybe it was number 2), so I have to question the authenticity and I'll have to pass.
Title: Re: 11.000 $ Tubescreamer for sale - SRV's personal
Post by: Muadzin on March 15, 2016, 01:24:04 PM
Quote from: GermanCdn on March 14, 2016, 10:43:26 PM
Mmmmm, I've seen this pedal listed elsewhere (or maybe it was number 2), so I have to question the authenticity and I'll have to pass.

I remember seeing it somewhere else before as well.
Title: Re: 11.000 $ Tubescreamer for sale - SRV's personal
Post by: add4 on March 15, 2016, 01:31:45 PM
do these kind of sales sometimes work? i mean.. is there someone out there willing to spend 11000$ on a tubescreamer?

i know about collectors and/or stupid people with a lot of money but still..