madbeanpedals::forum

General => Open Discussion => Topic started by: matmosphere on June 09, 2016, 02:03:02 PM

Title: Pleasantly surprised to see this on the AV Club today
Post by: matmosphere on June 09, 2016, 02:03:02 PM
If you have a few minutes this is worth the read/listen.

http://www.avclub.com/article/weird-wonderful-brainiac-lives-bonsai-superstar-236861

This is a fantastic record by a little know band. These guys are probably what sparked my interest in building pedals, particularly odd sounding stuff like the Arcadiator or the Doombutter. I was lucky enough to grow up with them as a local band, and got to see some amazing shows because of it.
Title: Re: Pleasantly surprised to see this on the AV Club today
Post by: mmlee on June 10, 2016, 07:04:05 PM
I heard this album back in 2005, really great stuff, will def have a read of this .

Marcus

Title: Re: Pleasantly surprised to see this on the AV Club today
Post by: Bret608 on June 10, 2016, 07:17:20 PM
Wow, thank you for linking this! I was lucky enough to see them open up for Jesus Lizard in fall '96 or spring '97 at Irving Plaza in NYC. They were just demented and off the rails, and I loved how the bass player kept it all together with this monstrous, throbbing sound. Tim Taylor looked almost like a young Jim Morrison with this turtleneck he had on. I saw a tiny snippet about his death in Rolling Stone mere months after that show.
Title: Re: Pleasantly surprised to see this on the AV Club today
Post by: blearyeyes on June 12, 2016, 07:09:46 PM
Talk about musical freedom.
I think I heard the guitar player hit a bad note in his solo.