madbeanpedals::forum

Projects => Tech Help - Projects Page => Topic started by: pappasmurfsharem on July 20, 2012, 02:42:04 AM

Title: pork barrel LFO led issue?
Post by: pappasmurfsharem on July 20, 2012, 02:42:04 AM
EDIT: I originally typed this on my phone, so I edited for autocorrect issues.

Just completed my pork barrel.

I can't fully test it on an amp but I plugged it into my itouch and used the Jamup app (amp simulator).

It sounded pretty good, but the LED doesn't blink at a constant rate with the chorus, instead kind of pulsates in an up up down, up up down fashion. The video I saw on YouTube it has a constant flash speed based on the rate pot position. Is that normal?

Also when both knobs are fairly high it has a fairly garbled detune sound (yes a chorus is basically a "detune" effect but when the knobs are high it's fairly ugly sounding) would that be a result of using the cool audio IC's?

I can however turn the rate max and lower the depth and it sounds nice, the opposite is also true if I max the depth but turn the rate down.

Title: Re: pork barrel LFO led issue?
Post by: madbean on July 22, 2012, 02:37:12 AM
I would double check your resistor values around the LFO - R31 - R38. Make sure you've used the correct values on each of those. Any subs on Q5? The use of a Cool Audio IC should not be the issue, unless you have not set the jumpers properly per the project doc.
Title: Re: pork barrel LFO led issue?
Post by: pappasmurfsharem on July 23, 2012, 01:57:28 AM
the chorus works fantastically, The led works too, it just seems a little off. I don't have the pedal here to double check. but I'm fairly certain everything was correct as I tripled checked before soldering,

the only difference would be the 22K attached from the right side of R39 to the LED as per your instructions I'll try to put up a video to show what I mean.