News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Chaotic Inception; an Alanp production

Started by jimilee, February 03, 2014, 03:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

How about a Doppelganger 1.4 from Alanp, zero ticking, 6 knobs 4 switches and alot of double LFO. Works great and it's big. This is with my MIM Strat, never did hook the bass up to it. I will probably never use it, it was built for the challenge, and I think it sounds great. The enclosure was etched by Phreek. I think he did a great job.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jimi-lee-2/doppelganger-1-4[/soundcloud]
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Looks good to me :D Sounds good too -- was your microphone picking up your strumming the guitar as well?

You've got space, so you might want to look into adding the expression pedal jacks, they're a lot of fun.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on February 03, 2014, 03:19:39 PM
Looks good to me :D Sounds good too -- was your microphone picking up your strumming the guitar as well?

You've got space, so you might want to look into adding the expression pedal jacks, they're a lot of fun.

The recorder was next to me, so it was probably picking up the strumming as well. The amp is a bass amp, it it sounds like a guitar through a bass amp. Plus it was my strat. I should have used the shecter, it has humbuckers. What kind of expression pedal would I use? I am calling it a success, zero ticking.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Awesome Jimmy and that sure is a big box...! ;)
Great that yours went together without ticking too, I built two (one for me, one for a mate) that worked just perfect too (thanks Alan for those boards!).
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Quote from: cooder on February 03, 2014, 06:28:48 PM
Awesome Jimmy and that sure is a big box...! ;)
Great that yours went together without ticking too, I built two (one for me, one for a mate) that worked just perfect too (thanks Alan for those boards!).
onal description I thought it was bigger than it was, I had the etch done about 6 mos ago. Originally I was thinking off board knobs and switches. It's slightly too big for a 1590bb and I didn't have any NS enclosures. It's really overkill for what I do, so I figured why not. :-D it really is a great effect.

diablochris6

The knobs and switches look agoraphobic they way they are all just huddled next to each other.  What is the size of that enclosure?  Great job!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jimilee

Quote from: diablochris6 on February 04, 2014, 03:22:41 AM
The knobs and switches look agoraphobic they way they are all just huddled next to each other.  What is the size of that enclosure?  Great job!
1590DD, thank you!

jimilee

I must say, this thing is far more responsive with humbuckers that's single coil pickups.

alanp

A lot more frequencies for the filter to play with would be my guess :) Doppelgangers are REALLY nice phasers, much nicer than the Stage Fright to my mind ;)

(The 1.4 version is still shared, just hidden on the second page of my oshpark profile.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Very cool man! I think it's cool for everyone in the US to build
One. I know the phaser grind has is optical also and very finicky when it comes to power, I wonder if that's not the problem for the folks in the UK?

Gledison

If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

LaceSensor

Quote from: jimilee on February 04, 2014, 06:50:07 AM
One. I know the phaser grind has is optical also and very finicky when it comes to power, I wonder if that's not the problem for the folks in the UK?

9v DC is 9v DC, no?
Colour me confused.

fendman

Quote from: LaceSensor on February 04, 2014, 07:13:28 PM

9v DC is 9v DC, no?
Colour me confused.

The Isle of Man might be more magical..being a small island less people use DC 9v ;D :-X :-X

jimilee

Quote from: LaceSensor on February 04, 2014, 07:13:28 PM

9v DC is 9v DC, no?
Colour me confused.
Me too.