News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2(Pi/4)(infinity)=infinite love now has Demo!

Started by timbo_93631, February 26, 2014, 06:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

I have been kicking the idea for this one around for awhile now and finally had some free time on the bench to get it together.  It is a Zero Point Dual Delay (proto from oshpark?)/Stomptown Galacticon Phase 45 2-in-1.  The toggles also allow you to put the Phase 45 in the normal signal chain before or after the delay or as modulation on the repeats.  It took awhile to visualize the switching but it works great.  When the Galacticon is on the repeats the regular bypass footswitch is disabled.  Other little things are feedback and slam pots are on a momentary 3PDT, so the onset of oscillation can be dialed in as desired, and the delay is wired for trails bypass.  On the Galacticon I did the regular Phase/Vibe mod, using 47nf/330nf for the vibe caps which sounded really nice and juicy on the breadboard.

So 2 ways of Phase 45 times infinite awesome of self oscillation = eternal love. 
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

selfdestroyer

Awesome build Tim. That sounds like a great combination and the order switch is the icing on the cake. I will look forward to the video demo.

Cody

Stomptown

Wow! That is a thing of beauty Tim! Very creative 2-in-1 with all of the ways to use the phase/vibe. I'll second the demo request on this one! Oh, and I love those carbon comp resistors you used for the LEDs!

timbo_93631

Sunday Handwound Pickups

midwayfair

Fantastic. I'm really interested in hearing it ... I was thinking of building a delay with a blue warbler type effect on the repeats one of these days, so it'll be cool to hear what a phasing effect sounds like as modulation.

Thomas_H

DIY-PCBs and projects:

billstein

Great work as always Tim. I'm also looking forward to the demo.

timbo_93631

Sunday Handwound Pickups

lincolnic

Peteyboy

That sounds great :D
I have a half built zero point and phase45 laying around that I might have to merge now.

Jabulani Jonny

Man that thing sounds fantastic!  Is there any way you can outline how you wired the switching? 
Jonathan

Govmnt_Lacky

Is that a powder coated enclosure? From PPP?

If so, why did you give it the "aged look" treatment?

timbo_93631

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on February 27, 2014, 06:22:23 PM
Man that thing sounds fantastic!  Is there any way you can outline how you wired the switching? 
I'll upload my drawing of the switching wiring later today, but for now I can describe it.  The in/out of the 3PDT for the phase and the in/out of the ZPDD go to a regular effect order switch like the one here: http://beavisaudio.com/projects/Looper-Switcher/index.htm
The in/out wires from the Phase 45 PCB go to a 4PDT that does the switching for the effect on the repeats or sent to the 3PDT stomp.  The 45 is wired between ZPDD mix pad 3 and Mix pot lug 3 when the switch is on repeat setting.

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on February 27, 2014, 06:33:19 PM
Is that a powder coated enclosure? From PPP?

If so, why did you give it the "aged look" treatment?
No, it is all rattle can.  I put Rustoleum Painter's Touch "Pebble" as the base coat, "Cabin Red" next, then Rustoleum Textured Metallic "Mystic Brown", then Textured Metallic "Galaxy".  Last coat was some heavy Rustoleum "Gold Glitter" paint, then I baked the enclosure after drying overnight at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.  I sanded it flat and distressed on the edges before doing the labels.  After that there were 3 coats of Painter's Touch Clear Gloss, sanded and baked between coats.  Normally I just do Rustoleum Textured Metallic "Midnight Copper", and distress then clear, but I have been experimenting.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

timbo_93631

Another quick clip with the adj. slam in action:
Sunday Handwound Pickups

selfdestroyer

Wow Tim, excellent stuff. That is a very usable effect you have there. Did you make it for your own board or for a customer?

Cody