News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone following the "Taylor McGrath" debacle on TGP?

Started by culturejam, May 14, 2014, 05:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Quote from: atreidesheir on May 15, 2014, 09:48:30 PM
I am so ghetto at my church with my G&L Legacy and silverface Fender Champ.

I play a '79 silverface champ on Sundays with a partscaster tele ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mattlee0037

Leevibe

Squier affinity tele w/'52 RI pickups and good pots/switch, or Agile AD2300 into home-built tweed deluxe

atreidesheir

I want to hear you guys now. 
Once upon a time I once told a girlfriend a bar band was going to be good when I saw them set up a Fender Rhodes.  Sometimes you see a piece of gear and you know it is going to sound just right.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

pickdropper

It's not the cheapest piece of gear, but I feel like I can throw just about anything at my '65 Vibrolux and it'll sound great.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Clayford

Quote from: alanp on May 15, 2014, 06:51:33 AM
The whole TGP  P&W mega-gear thing always feels odd to me [...]
The whole P&W crew seems to have become the cork sniffing hipster crowd. And they like to try and bargain down, since it's for their ministry. Least ways around here.

They have gear from builders you've never heard of... and they had it before it was cool to have gear from people you never heard of. Could you install/repair X for free since It'd be the right thing to do for your part in the ministry...
/rant

As someone else said... a fool and his money.
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

raulduke

I'm sorry but the 'equipping the world for worship' banner rings alarm bells for me (ie. cheapening and using peoples faith as a marketing means/gimmick).

I get the impression there is a bit of naivety with the P+W guys on Gearpage that if someone is a devout christian, they must therefore be a good egg.

The two do not go hand to hand in my experience (ie. there are douchebag dicks in all walks and persausions of life).

aion

Quote from: raulduke on May 16, 2014, 11:24:53 AM
I'm sorry but the 'equipping the world for worship' banner rings alarm bells for me (ie. cheapening and using peoples faith as a marketing means/gimmick).

I get the impression there is a bit of naivety with the P+W guys on Gearpage that if someone is a devout christian, they must therefore be a good egg.

The two do not go hand to hand in my experience (ie. there are douchebag dicks in all walks and persausions of life).

Yep... and wolves in sheep's clothing as well - people who see the $$$ to be made catering to the P&W crowd, and so they play that card. This TMG guy appears to be a serial scammer across 3 continents, only difference with this latest gig is that he drops the occasional "God bless" in his messages. He certainly knows the market.

Reminds me of the C.S. Lewis quote: "Of all bad men, religious bad men are the worst."

LaceSensor

quotes, you say?!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money
trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and
pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
There's also a negative side."

raulduke

LaceSensor

Quote from: Leevibethere is a lot of very mediocre music being made on very esoteric (or at least outrageously expensive) gear.

Perfectly describes my efforts as a musician  ;D ;D ;D

Leevibe

Quote from: LaceSensor on May 16, 2014, 04:13:08 PM
Quote from: Leevibethere is a lot of very mediocre music being made on very esoteric (or at least outrageously expensive) gear.

Perfectly describes my efforts as a musician  ;D ;D ;D

Haha! Hey, as long as the gear serves the music and the music serves a purpose. We're all aspiring to be better in our craft as builders and as musicians. Regarding P&W, the purpose is a high one IMO, and sometimes that purpose becomes obscured.

As with Jacob, most of my gear is either cheap, built by me, or I traded for it. Even with that, I feel like I'm growing into it more than out of it. I would like to move on from the Squier though. For that, I have my sites set on something built south of the US border. :)

davent

I out of the loop up here in the GWN, P+W... Pagans + Wizards?
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

GermanCdn

The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

juansolo

Quote from: raulduke on May 16, 2014, 11:24:53 AM

Not wanting to get into religion. But anyone claims to be a devout ANYTHING sends up warning bells to me... It infers an abandonment of logic and reason in exchange for belief in a concept that cannot in any way be quantified. Best steered way away from.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk