News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Deluxe Brainy Ape

Started by diablochris6, May 27, 2014, 04:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

As mentioned on another thread, I was longing for a Dirtbag Deluxe PCB since I started building last summer. When no new PCBs were made, I felt cocky and designed my own knockoff in Eagle with the mods for v3205s incorporated into the design as I knew I wouldn't be getting a hold of MN3005s anytime. After painstakingly fixing a couple of errors in my schematic and layout, I got it working. I present to you the Deluxe Brainy Ape!

I got a hold of someone on this forum's (Sorry I can't remember who you are! Many thanks!) Memory Man design and tweaked it to include Cornelius of Planet of the Apes. It took every ounce of my being to not put LED googly eyes on him. I might have a disease. I am still trying to work on my etching process, but I think it has enough detail to make it work. I printed out a decal for the logo and cut it out with an X-acto knife. I don't have any knobs yet.
This thing is a dream. I have a Memory Boy, and while it has some neat features (square wave chorus for super weird sounds), the lushness of this delay blows it out of the water!
I have another PCB left, so I plan on making another with Zira to compliment Cornelius in the future.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Haberdasher

no dirtbag, no problem: i'll just make my own.  haha, damn dude that's balls out.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

GrindCustoms

Dude! That's friggin killer! 8)

Quote from: Haberdasher on May 27, 2014, 05:00:22 AM
no dirtbag, no problem: i'll just make my own.  haha, damn dude that's balls out.

+1
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

muddyfox

Mad propz to you, man!
This is spectacular. And also probably the first board ever that I'm not even gonna ask for...  ::)

derevaun

Whoah, wow. That's awesome.

m-Kresol

wooaaa, you deserve major credit for doing the layout all by yourself, even if you have brian's design to go to. Turned out really great
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

mah62

Wow, what amazing patience you must have! Which mods did you you use to accomodate the v3205s?

Mark

Leevibe

midwayfair

Quote from: diablochris6 on May 27, 2014, 04:55:39 AM
When no new PCBs were made, I felt cocky and designed my own knockoff in Eagle

That's dedication right there.

Excellent job!

diablochris6

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I guess backtracing and rebuilding the layout is a test of patience and insanity, and I must have both. I am surprised (but thankful!) that I only made two small mistakes. I definitely couldn't have done it without the ample documentation that Brian provides. Mah62, the only modifications I included were the mods documented in the Dirtbag PDF; parts substitutions, an addition of a cap, removal of a couple resistors, and the traces were rearranged for solely v3205 use (no jumper pads for mn3005s).
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

selfdestroyer

Insane, DIY at its finest. I can only imagine the feeling of accomplishment of a project that big. Great looking etch also.

Cody

lincolnic

Dude. This is so impressive on every level.

alanp

Now that is determination!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website