Reiterator Analog Delay

Started by aflynt, June 21, 2011, 04:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtn191

love the pedal!

@bigmuffwizz,

It's like

check this out http://www.harmonycentral.com/docs/DOC-1343
Learning how is kind of like learning how to jump rope or jump on a moving treadmill, ya just gotta go with the flow

aflynt

Thanks! :)

I was actually attempting to rip off this:

I ustacould do it!

-Aaron

gtg975n

That's one fantastic sounding pedal.  What do the two smaller PCBs at the bottom do?

aflynt

Quote from: gtg975n on June 25, 2011, 06:04:07 PM
That's one fantastic sounding pedal.  What do the two smaller PCBs at the bottom do?

Yeah. Kudos to Madbean for such a fantastic sounding project!

The two smaller PCBs are Jack Orman's True Bypass PC Boards. It's a microprocessor controlled relay, triggered by a momentary switch. I'm a bit spoiled with them in all my builds now. There's generally much less mechanical noise when switching compared to a plain old 3PDT. The disadvantages are that they are more expensive overall and complicate wiring a bit.

-Aaron

gtg975n

I see, I haven't heard of those before.  I also noticed you used other madbeanpedals in the demo, which I really appreciate.  Were those before or after the Aquaboy (CE-2, Zendrive, Klon)?  Did you ever run into any issues with not having enough headroom using it together with other pedals (I assume the Aquaboy is running at 9V)?

gtr2

Aaron can still chime in here, but I found that the lack of headroom is not really noticeable running only one v3205

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

aflynt

Quote from: gtg975n on June 27, 2011, 03:37:09 PM
I see, I haven't heard of those before.  I also noticed you used other madbeanpedals in the demo, which I really appreciate.  Were those before or after the Aquaboy (CE-2, Zendrive, Klon)?  Did you ever run into any issues with not having enough headroom using it together with other pedals (I assume the Aquaboy is running at 9V)?

I used a Serendipity with JRC4558D, a Sunking, and a Tonepad CE-2 all before the delay in the signal chain. The Aquaboys are running at 9V. I haven't noticed any problems with headroom, but I haven't tried it with a Rangemaster yet. In fact, it's a lot cleaner sounding than I thought it would be. Compared to my MXR Carbon Copy the repeats are darker and more diffused, but not really any more distorted.

-Aaron