News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

bass pedal order opinions: comp/klon/muff/kraken

Started by thesameage, December 18, 2014, 02:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesameage

How would you order this set of pedals for bass? :)

Afterlife
Klon Klone
Tall Font/Hoof clone Muff
Kraken/Mutron V

selfdestroyer

I actually would set it up like you have it listed.

Compressor
OD/Boost
Distortion/Fuzz
Modulation

always works for me.. but there are no "real" rules. Some like modulation before fuzz ect..

Cody

thesameage

I just want unbiased opinions! For a "don't think too much" multi to stick in a gig bag.

Jopn

Would the compressor maybe mess up the envelope filter since it's evening out the attack?

thesameage

It would, though I've had some arguments for:
bass - klon - muff - mutron v - afterlife - amp

juansolo

Is it possible to mod the Mutron V with a loop. As ideally you want all the other effects in a loop on the Mutron... Otherwise at the front is going to be best for the envelope.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

mmlee

Kraken > afterlife > klone > muff. That's what I'd try first...
>Marcus

thesameage

Quote from: juansolo on December 18, 2014, 08:58:38 PM
Is it possible to mod the Mutron V with a loop. As ideally you want all the other effects in a loop on the Mutron... Otherwise at the front is going to be best for the envelope.

Um... is it possible? Sounds like a great idea. How would you theorize that I do that?

juansolo

Dunno, haven't looked at the Mutron schem. But the Meatball I've just built has a loop and sticking things in that works really well... How hard can it be...  ;)

thesameage

alanp

Quote from: juansolo on December 18, 2014, 10:50:16 PM
Dunno, haven't looked at the Mutron schem. But the Meatball I've just built has a loop and sticking things in that works really well... How hard can it be...  ;)

"Don't say that!"
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GrindCustoms

Comp-Filter-OD-Fuzz

It's pretty cool in some situations to have a comp in front of the filter, when comp is bypassed you get the articulation of the envellope, with comp activated you get fixed wah sounds... that's how i've been running my stuff for a long time now.

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

juansolo

Quote from: alanp on December 19, 2014, 04:46:25 AM
Quote from: juansolo on December 18, 2014, 10:50:16 PM

"Don't say that!"

;D