News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Madean Rust Bucket (EHX Attack decay)

Started by johnk, February 02, 2016, 12:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnk

I just finished building my Rustbucket. I squeezed it into a standard 1590BB (etched) with side in/out jacks and a top DC jack. I also installed a relayed true bypass. I love this pedal!

mrclean77

That's a beauty of a build - heck of an etch and nice job fitting that in so nicely, I get nervous when it's that close

johnk

thanks! it actually wasn't all that tight.  ;)

matmosphere

Nice etch, love the call back to vintage ehx

AntKnee

This looks incredibly clean. How did you get the bare surface so smooth and glassy?
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

lincolnic

johnk

Quote from: AntKnee on February 02, 2016, 03:52:21 AM
This looks incredibly clean. How did you get the bare surface so smooth and glassy?

thanks. I just sand the enclosures and polish them on a buffing wheel.

alanp

You've got the PCB elevated to just below the lid, doncha? :) Long legs on the pots, right?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

One hell of a drill template.. This is some "next level" stuff. Perfect looking.

Cody

Jebus

Beautiful work both outside and inside. I once tried to polish a enclosure but that didn't work at all. Care to share how you do it?  :)

johnk

Quote from: alanp on February 02, 2016, 04:25:25 AM
You've got the PCB elevated to just below the lid, doncha? :) Long legs on the pots, right?

yeah. I used regular solder lug pots and made my own 'legs' from solid core  wire. that way, not only could I make them long enough so the the PCB would sit on top of the jacks, I could also get them closer to the top of the enclosure.
I mounted the 470uf filter cap on the underside of the PCB since it wouldn't have allowed the lid to fit if it were on top of the PCB.

johnk

Quote from: Jebus on February 02, 2016, 05:47:23 AM
Beautiful work both outside and inside. I once tried to polish a enclosure but that didn't work at all. Care to share how you do it?  :)

I just sand the bare enclosures with a Makita 5" RA sander. first with 150 grit, then 220 and finally with 320. then I polish them with benchtop buffer.

Jebus

Quote from: johnk on February 02, 2016, 06:40:57 AM
I just sand the bare enclosures with a Makita 5" RA sander. first with 150 grit, then 220 and finally with 320. then I polish them with benchtop buffer.

Alright, thanks. Do you use some polishing liquid? Does it stay that great looking over time? :)

johnk

Quote from: Jebus on February 02, 2016, 07:19:28 AM
Alright, thanks. Do you use some polishing liquid? Does it stay that great looking over time? :)

I use polishing rouge on the wheel.

and yes, they stay shiny.

bcalla