Started by playpunk, April 12, 2016, 11:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playpunk

Selfdestroyer's face. Check the carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

selfdestroyer

LOL I wish I had Joe's pickin skillz.

I don't show my face much cause I look like a homeless gangster hipster..

Cody

matmosphere

Oh, we may need a beard of thread.

Martan

Man, even the the homeless gangster hipsters have nice headphones in Cali

jtaormina

I think I see a fender bassman or bandmaster in the corner there. Niiiiiiiiiice. I've got a 68' bandmaster that I absolutely love. Loud as hell.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: jtaormina on April 13, 2016, 12:51:00 PM
I think I see a fender bassman or bandmaster in the corner there. Niiiiiiiiiice. I've got a 68' bandmaster that I absolutely love. Loud as hell.

I kind of have a "problem". I have a real hard time passing up a deal on a silver face Bassman. I own 2 of them at this time all with matching cabinets. I had more... but most needed more work than I wanted to do or had some master volume mods and they drilled holes in the face. I currently have late 60's Bassman and a Bassman 135. Here is an older pic of them. The 135 is a power house and really has a warm sound with the 2X15" cab. I have wanted to make a smaller 2X12 for travel since the 2X15 cabinets never leave the house.

Cody

matmosphere

I have a 4x12 bassman 100 cabs from the late sixties. It's about the size of your cab but six or eight inches deeper. It's a beast. I need to make something smaller as well. Sounds great though.

Jebus

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 13, 2016, 06:33:36 PM
I currently have late 60's Bassman and a Bassman 135. Here is an older pic of them.

Daaaaamn ???

jtaormina

Super cool. I've always been in love with fender amps. I got my bandmaster just about unusable and overhauled it to be gig worthy. My cab is a homemade 2x12 with vintage 30s inside. It will rattle your teeth out.  Last gig I was in the trem channel 1 (trem switched off, I like the mellow volume drop when the tube is present but the switch is off) with volume at 4 and i was later asked if I was on 10. Hahaha

Id love to get ahold of another one or a bassman that is broken for cheap and overhaul it too. Workin on amps is like my second favorite hobby!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: jtaormina on April 13, 2016, 08:31:04 PM
Super cool. I've always been in love with fender amps. I got my bandmaster just about unusable and overhauled it to be gig worthy. My cab is a homemade 2x12 with vintage 30s inside. It will rattle your teeth out.  Last gig I was in the trem channel 1 (trem switched off, I like the mellow volume drop when the tube is present but the switch is off) with volume at 4 and i was later asked if I was on 10. Hahaha

Id love to get ahold of another one or a bassman that is broken for cheap and overhaul it too. Workin on amps is like my second favorite hobby!

That's awesome, do you have any pics of your cabinet? I would love to see it.

Cody

nzCdog

That beard is bonafide Cody... but hugs with Scarlett Johansen? I'd keep that as my profile pic too ;D 8)

jtaormina

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 13, 2016, 08:41:17 PM
Quote from: jtaormina on April 13, 2016, 08:31:04 PM

That's awesome, do you have any pics of your cabinet? I would love to see it.

Cody

jtaormina

My buddy from college made the cab and I put the speakers in and wired it. I have a toggle on the back for extending the cab as series with another 8ohm cab. Or leave it as single 8ohm cab. It has tons of bottom end.

matmosphere

That's a really nice cabinet, it's little tweed doesn't look too shabby either.

jtaormina

Quote from: Matmosphere on April 14, 2016, 01:01:35 AM
That's a really nice cabinet, it's little tweed doesn't look too shabby either.

Thanks. The Blues Jr. is my back up. I gigged it a few times but it's too thin. It's like the upper and lower ranges are chopped off of its tone stack.