News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Do yourself a favor kid... Build a Madbean Moar

Started by matmosphere, November 17, 2021, 04:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tremster

Ah, Les Savy Fav. Haven't listened in a long time, will do now.
My first thought was Built to Spill, though.

I will put the Even Moar on my list ...

287m

Moar is my favorite from MBP 1590G.

need build again for 1590B. hate doing this in 1590A perf.

matmosphere

Quote from: Tremster on November 19, 2021, 08:54:39 AM
Ah, Les Savy Fav. Haven't listened in a long time, will do now.
My first thought was Built to Spill, though.

I will put the Even Moar on my list ...

They're one of my favorite bands. Their last album was really good.

madbean

Due to a big assist from AionFX I was finally able to figure out doing slotted pads for switches. Now hopefully this all works!

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on December 02, 2021, 12:56:37 AM
Due to a big assist from AionFX I was finally able to figure out doing slotted pads for switches. Now hopefully this all works!
What does slots instead of circles achieve, does it make the footprint smaller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on December 02, 2021, 01:17:19 AM

The only advantage is that it requires less solder to achieve a good joint. And, I think it looks more professional to have slotted holes to match the actual dimensions of solder lugs.

Actually, there's one other possible benefit - if you size everything right when you load the part in the board it will stick which makes soldering easier, rather than having to jerry-rig something to hold it in place.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on December 02, 2021, 01:29:58 AM
Quote from: jimilee on December 02, 2021, 01:17:19 AM

The only advantage is that it requires less solder to achieve a good joint. And, I think it looks more professional to have slotted holes to match the actual dimensions of solder lugs.

Actually, there's one other possible benefit - if you size everything right when you load the part in the board it will stick which makes soldering easier, rather than having to jerry-rig something to hold it in place.
All valid points, thank you Wise and Knowledgeable Bean.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

benny_profane

How were you able to do that in Eagle? I kept getting errors when trying to make pads like that. I ended up using DipTrace for the project that needed that footprint.

storyboardist

Quote from: benny_profane on December 02, 2021, 03:31:08 PM

How were you able to do that in Eagle? I kept getting errors when trying to make pads like that. I ended up using DipTrace for the project that needed that footprint.

+1 I tried a couple years ago and had no luck.

Also I've been meaning to dig up my MOAR board since I moved a year ago. Just gotta find the right box. Loved the idea when I saw the schematic.
Guy behind Effects Layouts