News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590A Cosmo - FIVE KNOBS!

Started by saxoftenest, February 13, 2012, 03:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saxoftenest

So, I absolutely love my Cosmo. I've been lamenting about not being able to have one on my mini board, but now it may be possible:

Still working on a layout to fit five 9mm pots in a 1590A... one may have to end up on the side. The ones used on the breadboard certainly won't fit!

saxoftenest

DONE!  ;D  I love the sound of the Cosmo, in any shape or size. A bit tight in a 1590A...  ::)

Here's an in-progress gut shot:

And another, after deciding where to stash that 5th pot:

Da guts:

Also, with these upcoming baby boards, consider using vero to aid the wiring of your 9mm pots:

jkokura

Well done, and thanks for the extra build pics! I always like seeing details.

Which control did you install on the side?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

saxoftenest

Thanks! I put the shape control on the side. It's the control I fiddle with the least on my other Cosmo. I'm not quite sold on the knob (it doesn't hide the pot shaft, etc. very well), but it's the only thing I had on hand that indicated the setting from the side.

DutchMF

This is really impressive! I see some problems with pedals this small and my size 12's, though.... Then again, I'm gonna house my Thunderpuss in a 1590A, just because the board is so ridiculously small... probably gonna keep that on forever! BTW: can you point me in the direction of some soundclips of the Cosmo? I've been intrigued by it since I discovered Mad Bean, and might order one from Haberdasher (not getting into etching myself, to much filthy dangerous stuff there). Thanx!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jimmybjj

Quote from: DutchMF on February 21, 2012, 04:30:00 PM
This is really impressive! I see some problems with pedals this small and my size 12's, though.... Then again, I'm gonna house my Thunderpuss in a 1590A, just because the board is so ridiculously small... probably gonna keep that on forever! BTW: can you point me in the direction of some soundclips of the Cosmo? I've been intrigued by it since I discovered Mad Bean, and might order one from Haberdasher (not getting into etching myself, to much filthy dangerous stuff there). Thanx!

Paul

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3513.0
Pcbs no longer available

maysink

[nothing to see here]
-e

DutchMF

"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

saxoftenest

Quote from: DutchMF on February 21, 2012, 04:30:00 PM

Paul
Good luck with the Thunderpuss! I have one built up but unboxed at the moment.

Check out YouTube for some clips of the the screwdriver deluxe. Also, I ordered some PCBs from Haberdasher awhile back - top notch stuff!

bigmufffuzzwizz

That's amazing you got all of that in there! I've always wanted to do a Wolly Mammoth like that.
Where did you source the 9mm pots from? Your vero idea is genius..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

saxoftenest

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 21, 2012, 04:05:10 PM
That's amazing you got all of that in there! I've always wanted to do a Wolly Mammoth like that.
Where did you source the 9mm pots from? Your vero idea is genius..
Thanks! I order my 9mm pots from Small Bear. I'm working on stuffing an MKC1 (modified Klon by Tonmann, boards available from Barry at guitarpcb.com) into a 1590A. The dual-gang 16mm pot looks gigantic compared to the 9mm's.

jighead81

I love the idea for the Vero to help with the pots!  Nice build man

claytushaywood

Do you have a drill template to get the jacks and footswitch perfect everytime for 1590's?  anyone have a cheaper source than smallbear for 9mm pots and the plastic jacks?  and what are those tiny electroltyics called and where do you get them?

Amazing build, very inspiring...