News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vibra-Phase (stomptown's Galacticon)

Started by ch1naski, August 02, 2013, 05:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

Forgot I was working with a 4site enclosure, and used my standard Hammond drill template, so I didn't have enough room for a battery when I'd finished wiring it up. Photo is from before being rewired.
Also managed to scratch part of the decal while wiring it. After three coats of acrylic. Argh. Is the something better than krylon crystal clear, that isn't envirotex? And won't turn decals yellowish?
Other than that, the PCB was a joy to work with. Easily a one-nighter build.

Video demo posted in video/audio demo section.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

Stomptown

Looks great! I love the vintage graphics and I'm very intrigued by the mods. I almost added the rate LED but pulled it off at the last minute. Maybe I'll have to add it back!

jimilee

Enviro won't turn your decals! That's the only thing I've found so far.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ch1naski

It's pretty expensive, no?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

jimilee

Nope. I paid 22 for like a quart and it will do from what I estimate is about a million pedals.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bcalla

Great looking pedal!

I am now doing 4-5 coats of clear for that very reason.  I have to try enviro.  At the speed I work, it will probably take 6 months for me to build a million pedals.

ch1naski

Quote from: jimilee on August 02, 2013, 06:13:17 PM
Nope. I paid 22 for like a quart and it will do from what I estimate is about a million pedals.
envirotex lite?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

jprizz

Nice one. Those are some very unique knobs too. Looks great.