Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

new DMM

Started by gtangas, October 27, 2013, 12:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtangas

Hi guys

Need some advice on a new dmm...

Initially I thought on buying the vichi vc99... Cheap and lot of features but after seeing some reviews I'm having some doubts about it

I saw the uni-t ut61 series and its another machine... The top one is the E model but no temp or HFE

My older and very cheap unit as the HFE feature so I can use it for that or maybe buy a components testes in eBay... They are cheap

And with that many different options maybe you guys can give some guidance... I don't want to spend more than 65usd...

Thanks
Sérgio

Thomas_H

I have the uni-t UT 603 (which has hfe, cap, resistor and inductors) but NO voltage and a UT 803 which I got used.
They are really sufficient in combination.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

gtangas

The unit units have very nice reviews, especially the ut61e...
The 61b or the C have temp but I read on eev blog that the continuity test is slow... The autorange same thing but with that I have no problem...

Thomas_H

Quote from: gtangas on October 27, 2013, 12:39:51 PM
blog that the continuity test is slow... The autorange same thing but with that I have no problem...

Yes, continuity test is somewhat slow, but its not really the test, its more that the beep is delayed for a reason. autorange works fine for me.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

gtangas

Ok.. But a bench one is expensive...

Any experience with the Victor VC97 3.. The one with backlight?

I saw some units on amazon and ebay... But can't find any review on those meters

It's kind a like the Vichy but the overall construction seems a bit more nicer