News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zirconia Comp

Started by mjcyates, April 29, 2015, 02:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjcyates

This is not yet a build report but I just got done playing for a while and felt the need to post my love of this compressor. It is now my 2nd favorite pedal (1st is my Barber Direct Drive). I will post a complete build report in the next day or two. I originally built it according to the BOM and liked it but was a little underwhelmed. After discussing with Keefe, he realized an error in his BOM. After changing one resistor it made all the difference. I used to have a Diamond compressor and loved it, but for some reason it did not play nice with some of my other pedals so I moved it. This one fits right in and will be staying for a while. Thanks Keefe!

Haberdasher

Hey that's great to hear, thank you mjcyates.
Yeah that thing was really weird because I had the correct resistor in mine the whole time so it was hard to figure out until i went over the parts one by one.
Anyway, can't wait to see the rest of the build report!

cheers
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

mjcyates

Here are two of my latest builds. Actually I have had the Catch 22 built for some time now and just never posted it. Just recently completed the Zirconia and love it. Both of these are great pedals and I highly recommend them both. Of course the cosmetics are boring as usual but it works for me. I like and use the Catch 22 for low gain edge of break up tones. The Zirconia pretty much stays on all the time. Thanks Keefe and Rej for two great projects!

nzCdog

Very tidy dude... Great work :)

selfdestroyer

Fantastic job. Both came out super clean.

Cody

mjcyates

Thanks for the comments guys. With all of the fantastic boards and parts that are available to us these days it makes it a lot easier to build quality pedals. We really are kind of spoiled. :)

TGP39

Quote from: mjcyates on May 04, 2015, 12:25:47 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. With all of the fantastic boards and parts that are available to us these days it makes it a lot easier to build quality pedals. We really are kind of spoiled. :)
Let the spoiling continue!! :)
Awesome builds mjcyates.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.