News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My 3PDT Wiring Boards

Started by raulduke, February 08, 2012, 12:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

I just got these back from DorkBot and I am pretty happy with the result  :)

Its my take on the 3PDT Wiring PCB's that people (including myself) like to use to make wiring easier.

They use a connector assembly to connect Fx In, Fx Out, 9V and GND. They also have the LED mount and CLR integral to them.

With the connector assembly you can easily dis-connect the FX PCB (by unscrewing the 3PDT footswitch to get access to the connector), for testing, repairs, prototyping etc. No desoldering is necessary.

This also means I can build up a proto-pedal (like Jkokura posted) to easily test and swap out PCB's before putting them in their own enclosure.

If I have any more made I may use a 5 way connector to allow the option of using the LED connection to the 3PDT on the PCB.

jimmybjj

Very cool! Probably my favorite design I've seen for these type of boards. Did you make your own library part of is that stock?
Pcbs no longer available

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

lloyd17

jtn191

awesome!, I gotta do some more boards...

raulduke

Cheers guys,

I'll update when I have one mounted in a pedal. My next build is a OKF/Meathead Fuzz, which I designed the PCB for, with board mounted pots and input cap switch. It should look pretty cool with one of these 3PDT boards in there as well.

GVC66

Cool idea,  can you pm me when and if you get around to selling some of the 5 pin jobs?

jimilee

That's killer, now it just needs 9v on the other side to connect it to the next board in a multi build!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

raulduke

Wow this is a blast from the past  ;)

GVC66: I should have a load of 3PDT PCB's in stock. I think I may have some of the connectors too (I have stopped using them as much nowadays). I'll PM you  :)!

Jimi: The extra 9V connection is a good idea dude. I'll update my current version with some.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: raulduke on January 27, 2014, 10:01:00 AM
Wow this is a blast from the past  ;)

GVC66: I should have a load of 3PDT PCB's in stock. I think I may have some of the connectors too (I have stopped using them as much nowadays). I'll PM you  :)!

Jimi: The extra 9V connection is a good idea dude. I'll update my current version with some.

raulduke, do you have a regular place you sell your PCBs? I have ran across a few of your build docs in the past and wondered if you still sell PCBs for them. I can't for the life of me remember what the circuits were right now.

raulduke

Afraid not mate.

Every now and then I get batches made for certain things. Once they are gone they are usually gone though.

I was considering ordering some stuff soon though, so will most likely get some stuff up for sale.

All the other guys pretty much cater for anything you can think PCB wise so there is not much left to cover ;) !