News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Madbean Wolf Shirt (Foxx Tone Machine)

Started by cajone5, January 02, 2013, 09:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajone5

I built one of these a while ago for a friend (back in Sept '12) -- as requested I used a giant enclosure  ;D

I loved it so much I've been planning on making one for myself... And on the first day of the new year I finally did it.  Done up in all white  :D

Octave on/off on the toggle and the LED changes from green (w/ octave) to blue (w/o octave) depending on switch setting.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

slimtriggers

That's cool!  I didn't even know they made white jacks like that. 

Hangingmonkey

Real nice white sparkle enclosure.
Powdercoated?

cajone5

Thank you for the kind words folks -- BTW nice new avatar, Josh  ;)

Quote from: slimtriggers on January 02, 2013, 11:37:46 PM
That's cool!  I didn't even know they made white jacks like that.  

Yep Cliff jacks (love using those... cuz my name is Cliff  :P ) -- I think I got them from an amp parts supplier... a quick search yielded this
http://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/S-H553

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on January 03, 2013, 12:07:54 AM
Real nice white sparkle enclosure.
Powdercoated?

Yessir -- pedalpartsplus if I recall -- love their work

nzCdog

Very tidy!  Nice work putting that battery cover in... looks great 8)

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I'm really digging your snow white sparkle wolf shirt! I'm curious about how you wired the LED to change with your toggle switch?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

cajone5

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on January 04, 2013, 01:52:35 AM
I'm really digging your snow white sparkle wolf shirt! I'm curious about how you wired the LED to change with your toggle switch?

I used a DPST switch.  One side center and outside lugs are connected to the board.  Remaining lug is open.  The other side, center lug is connected to 9v power and the outside two lugs are each connected to their respective color (green and blue) anodes on the LED. 

Easy as that  :D

mshuptar

Hi there - I have sort of a noob question: in the large-box version at top, how did you affix the PCB to the enclosure?

cajone5

Quote from: mshuptar on January 06, 2013, 03:25:39 AM
Hi there - I have sort of a noob question: in the large-box version at top, how did you affix the PCB to the enclosure?

3m double sided foam tape

andregarcia57

today I had a problem with two pedals.

Wolfshirt + Univibe.

same vibe off the effect of this on the bottom.

used 3PDT and I made several calls en failed.
after several attempts I gave a look at some filter pedals. and decided to put 100ohms in early 9v pedal. solved!

gets the hint

jimilee

Quote from: andregarcia57 on April 03, 2014, 07:22:33 PM
today I had a problem with two pedals.

Wolfshirt + Univibe.

same vibe off the effect of this on the bottom.

used 3PDT and I made several calls en failed.
after several attempts I gave a look at some filter pedals. and decided to put 100ohms in early 9v pedal. solved!

gets the hint
That's what ever you just said for ya! I'm glad it worked out though. Gives you a great feeling when you debug successfully.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

peAk

Looks great and I like big enclosures.

wgc

Love the braids and batt door, clean!  White on white!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings