News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rub-aDub Dlx in SB case

Started by gordo, June 11, 2014, 12:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

This marks the first time I've used one of Steve's SmallBear enclosures.  It's also my first (well at least my first successful) powder coat.  I used the cheap power coat rig from Harbor Freight and their white powder.

Figured I'd outfit it with one of Josh's 3PDT boards as well just to keep the symetry.  Steve's case has a battery door but I don't use batteries.  I can see it being easy to lose so I should just throw it in the garbage now to ease the suspense.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jkokura

Love that! It looks fantastic! Well done

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

peAk

awesome man!

gonna have to try one of those enclosures myself

Great Job!

icecycle66

This is wonderful. 
The graphics are just complex enough to give it character, but simple enough to be attractive.
The orange recessed knobs make it really pop.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

bcalla

Very nice!  The enclosure looks great.  I didn't know that Harbor Freight sold powder coating rigs, I'll have to look into that.

Leevibe

That looks great! I've thought about building into one of those. Does it feel easy to work in?

selfdestroyer

Great looking build. Love the orange knobs with the white enclosure.

Cody

hoodoo

Looks like a bought one  ;) Very tasty, pro looking pedal, love it mate  :)

alanp

I really like the countersinking of the LED hole :)

Nice work with the SB enclosure, they really do look pro!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

midwayfair

Looks great. It's especially nice that the brick was still pretty much a perfect fit for the box!

gordo

Thanks guys.  I appreciate the comments.  The SB has a lot of room in it, but not a lot of "usable" room, if that makes any sense.  The front deck is limited to maybe 4 mini pots and you have to be a bit mindful of the power jack (which is predrilled so using one of the small ones isn't possible).  I'm not good at cramming stuff into cases anyway.  I've built a handful of 1590A's and hate it.  Then again I love having them on my board so it's a yin/yang thing.
Gordy Power

gtr2

That looks PRO!

Nice work.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

culturejam

Now *that* is an impressive build.  8)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gordo

The powder coat rig is pretty cool.  The trick is dialing in a narrow beam and keeping pressure low.  My first attempts were neither and I powdered most of the basement.  Using a garage sale toaster oven set to 300F and letting it cook for about 10 minutes and a gun pressure of about 20psi.  Plus if you jack it up (the SB got accidentally dumped upside down coming out of the oven) you can take the chunks out with sanding (this stuff is tough as nails) and reshoot/re-bake.  It's self leveling so you don't have to get too crazy with prep.  Only problem is powder is pricey so I have a half dozen white pedals now...

Plus side is that white is easy to decal...
Gordy Power