News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How to convert from .pcb to an printable/editable file?

Started by garfo, May 17, 2014, 01:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garfo

Hi, I've only now started using a program to trace my own boards.I decided to start with PCB Wizard and I instantly got familiarized with it.
The hing is, when the project is ready, how do I turn the file into another format?
I don't have a printer and would like to print from other computers that don't need the program to do a direct print.

muddyfox

Can't help you with that software, sadly... which begs the question, if you are starting from scratch, why didn't you choose a package that most of the peeps around here are comfortable with and can help you?

Jacob has an amazing youtube series of vids that cover everything about Eagle that you'll ever need to know and a few people are quite familiar with Diptrace, to name only a few...

EDIT: I just reread your question... if the software has a direct print option, maybe you could print to a pdf printer installed on your computer and then edit the pdf later on?

rullywowr

Quote from: muddyfox on May 17, 2014, 01:35:08 PM
Can't help you with that software, sadly... which begs the question, if you are starting from scratch, why didn't you choose a package that most of the peeps around here are comfortable with and can help you?

Jacob has an amazing youtube series of vids that cover everything about Eagle that you'll ever need to know and a few people are quite familiar with Diptrace, to name only a few...

EDIT: I just reread your question... if the software has a direct print option, maybe you could print to a pdf printer installed on your computer and then edit the pdf later on?

Totally. Free pdf printer plug in like CutePDF would be the ticket.  I'm assuming you want to print the etching artwork.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

garfo

Well, I don't have a printer.
I started using this because a friend of mine talked to me about this one and I installed it and worked well with it.If I had a printer I could just do everything with this program and then direct print the work, but, I don't have one.
And also, what If I wanted to have a file ready to print on ay other place!'
Normally, when I want to print a project I use the circuit file on madbean pedals and work it in a file to multiply the number of circuits to make total use of the blue paper.Then I just take it to a shop where they do the work for me.

muddyfox

Then CutePDF (or any other pdf printer driver) will do. "Print" to pdf on your computer and take it to your buddy's computer to actually print it out on a printer. Do take care that no scaling happens when you actually print it out, though.

davent

When you install a pdf printer, i use Bullzip, it will show up as a printer option when you go to print your layout, in your case it will be the only opion available when print is selected. Follow the prompts to create the pdf file, then you can just send the pdf to your friend for printing.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?