News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone used Tayda's Express Shipping??

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, June 04, 2014, 05:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Quote from: sturgeo on June 09, 2014, 08:53:52 AM
The problem is i can't find anyone in the UK who sells right angle PCB mount pots, there are a few in Europe but again there is the import tax and "handling fees" issue.

I might look at whats involved with buying these in bulk and selling them, i can't be the only person in the UK who wants these pots without having to wait a few weeks and risk import fees.

We don't use the right angled ones (we use eyelets), but we do get 90% of our pots from Tayda. We've come to the conclusion you can't get them through and keeping orders under £15 for them still to take 4-6 weeks to clear customs is just unworkable. So we ordered £150 worth of gear and had it couriered. That cost us £25 in customs and handling FWIW, but got here MUCH more quickly and I'd rather give the money to a courier that gets their finger out than the PO who take the piss big time with how long they take do do shit. Then they don't even deliver the f**ker to you.

It just means working out what you'll build in the next few months and getting a few more of common values for unexpected builds.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

sturgeo

Quote from: juansolo on June 09, 2014, 09:49:55 AM
We don't use the right angled ones (we use eyelets), but we do get 90% of our pots from Tayda. We've come to the conclusion you can't get them through and keeping orders under £15 for them still to take 4-6 weeks to clear customs is just unworkable. So we ordered £150 worth of gear and had it couriered. That cost us £25 in customs and handling FWIW, but got here MUCH more quickly and I'd rather give the money to a courier that gets their finger out than the PO who take the piss big time with how long they take do do shit. Then they don't even deliver the f**ker to you.

It just means working out what you'll build in the next few months and getting a few more of common values for unexpected builds.

I know what you mean, some Tayda orders take 2 weeks, some 1 month! i think they must ship from various places.

I'm normally the last to defend the PO but, orders from iTead generally arrive 4 days after i receive the shipping notification, no import fees on them and they supposedly ship via the same method  ???

Govmnt_Lacky

UPDATE:

Ordered on Wednesday. Package from Tayda is supposed to land today. Thats 4 business days so within the promised time! LOVE it!!

@juan

I actually prefer the USPS over freight companies (FedEx, UPS, etc.)

I can get a package delivered from one side of the country to the other in no more than 3 days with the USPS. Shipping that same package with a freight company (for probably MORE than the cost of the USPS) would take no less than 5 days!

mmlee

The problem is i can't find anyone in the UK who sells right angle PCB mount pots, there are a few in Europe but again there is the import tax and "handling fees" issue.

I might look at whats involved with buying these in bulk and selling them, i can't be the only person in the UK who wants these pots without having to wait a few weeks and risk import fees.

I emailed Steve at Doctor Tweek about this back around Easter time.

Here's what he said:

QuoteAt the moment I don't stock these due to demand. However, if it is something that you use a lot of then I can get them in :)

They'd be about 85p - slightly more than the standard pcb mount pots I sell. Delivery time to me would be about 4 days, post Easter. Minimum order quantity for a new line would be 50 pcs - obviously I would offer a discount on this circa 10% on your first order.

I guess if we showed enough demand he'd stock them regularly.
>Marcus

sturgeo

Quote from: mmlee on June 09, 2014, 11:22:50 AM

QuoteAt the moment I don't stock these due to demand. However, if it is something that you use a lot of then I can get them in :)

They'd be about 85p - slightly more than the standard pcb mount pots I sell. Delivery time to me would be about 4 days, post Easter. Minimum order quantity for a new line would be 50 pcs - obviously I would offer a discount on this circa 10% on your first order.

Thanks for that, he's my normal "oh bollocks i need a ... quick" supplier.

I've also asked Tayda if they'll start doing the Dual Gang 100kB right angle PCB mount pots as well, fingers crossed!

juansolo

Quote from: mmlee on June 09, 2014, 11:22:50 AM

I emailed Steve at Doctor Tweek about this back around Easter time.

Here's what he said:

He gets them from Tayda, I'm fairly sure of it. It's really handy he has the eyelet ones for when we need stuff in a hurry. But when we're not, we just go direct.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

LaceSensor

Dr Tweek is a good guy but why pay 85p when they are $0.49 (30p ish) direct?

midwayfair

Quote from: blearyeyes on June 09, 2014, 04:02:20 AM
JUSTMYHO.

Did ... did someone really name their company that?

Hey, who's that at the door?

Oh, it's JUST MY HO!

ho ho ho.

blearyeyes

She delivered the package but it came really late. Oh I left the E off of the end,  JUSTMYHOE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sturgeo

Well, a new Tayda record :D Shipped on the 2nd via Thailand Post, received today.

Vallhagen

Quote from: sturgeo on June 10, 2014, 03:28:52 PM
Well, a new Tayda record :D Shipped on the 2nd via Thailand Post, received today.

I think i just beat ya! Orderred the 3d, shipped the 4th (ordinary "Registered Mail"), arrived today.

Cheersio!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

Govmnt_Lacky

Pretty much confirmed that the Colorado shipping location is just an intermediary.

When I received my parts (on Monday and within the 4 working days) it came direct from Thailand.

I am guessing the difference between the slow-boat shipping and the middle option "priority" shipping is the way they ship from Thailand to Colorado. (for CONUS customers of course  ;))