News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Evel Genius II

Started by Leevibe, September 12, 2014, 04:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Magnifique!

Those knobs looks great, where can they be found?
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Leevibe

Thanks again guys!

Quote from: GrindCustoms on September 14, 2014, 08:59:24 AM
Magnifique!

They are the old Boss "middle" knobs. I like the way they give a pedal a certain '70s shabbiness in a cool way. I get them at smallbear. I can't remember if I've bought them elsewhere. They are these.

A tip on this type of knob: I always peel the clear plastic covering off of the metal disc. It makes them susceptible to scratching for sure, but the brightness of the metal really pops when it's off and that plastic can yellow over time. I just scrape at it with my fingernail until the edge pops up and then I peel it.

Leevibe

The friend I built the pedal for loves it! He paid me for it and then gave me a Presonus Comp16 just because. Cool! An outboard compressor. I don't know how good it is but it's like new and the price was right.

Stomptown

Quote from: Leevibe on September 14, 2014, 01:18:17 PM
Thanks again guys!

Quote from: GrindCustoms on September 14, 2014, 08:59:24 AM
Magnifique!

They are the old Boss "middle" knobs. I like the way they give a pedal a certain '70s shabbiness in a cool way. I get them at smallbear. I can't remember if I've bought them elsewhere. They are these.

A tip on this type of knob: I always peel the clear plastic covering off of the metal disc. It makes them susceptible to scratching for sure, but the brightness of the metal really pops when it's off and that plastic can yellow over time. I just scrape at it with my fingernail until the edge pops up and then I peel it.

These knobs are great! Last time I placed a small bear order I accidentally ordered a different knob that looks very similar but is nowhere near as cool.  :'(  Hopefully I can find a good use for them...

Leevibe

Quote from: Stomptown on September 15, 2014, 03:47:43 AM

These knobs are great! Last time I placed a small bear order I accidentally ordered a different knob that looks very similar but is nowhere near as cool.  :'(  Hopefully I can find a good use for them...

Yeah, I've done the same thing. IIRC they offer a very similar knob in a range of colors. I bought the black ones one time and they just aren't quite as cool for some reason.