News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Triple Crown Overdrive

Started by selfdestroyer, October 12, 2014, 02:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

On my monitor the design/printing looks like it's a pearl inlay into the top rather then naked aluminum. Great design and execution! Tasty!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

selfdestroyer

Thanks so much people, I just love this place as it give me motivation and support not found anywhere else. I simply love this community!

Cody

Stomptown

Quote from: davent on October 13, 2014, 03:27:22 PM
On my monitor the design/printing looks like it's a pearl inlay into the top rather then naked aluminum. Great design and execution! Tasty!
dave

Thats what I was thinking!

Cody: Are you doing something special to get that look, such as wet sanding in a particular pattern?

Thomas_H

Thats cool. I really like the color and etch !
DIY-PCBs and projects:

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Stomptown on October 16, 2014, 02:34:26 PM
Quote from: davent on October 13, 2014, 03:27:22 PM
dave

Thats what I was thinking!

Cody: Are you doing something special to get that look, such as wet sanding in a particular pattern?

Once the bulk of the paint comes off I use 1500 grit to sand in small circular pattern. I found it helps the text pop under light. but to be honest 90% of the time its just an accident that it looks like that. lol

Cody

hylandren

Great looking insie and out, as usual!

BTW...I just finished an etch where I  switched from PNP blue to the presentation paper that you recommended. It not only transferred perfectly on my first try, the edges are WAY cleaner and sharper than using PNP. Its also a LOT cheaper! Thanks!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: hylandren on October 16, 2014, 08:27:02 PM
Great looking insie and out, as usual!

BTW...I just finished an etch where I  switched from PNP blue to the presentation paper that you recommended. It not only transferred perfectly on my first try, the edges are WAY cleaner and sharper than using PNP. Its also a LOT cheaper! Thanks!

Awesome, I am glad it worked out for you. Its so hard to suggest stuff for etching since there are just to many damn variables. Look forward to seeing your results.

Cody