News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Paypal account problems

Started by brejna, October 21, 2014, 04:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brejna

Hi everyone, I am experiencing  problems with Paypal. Yesterday I wanted to pay something and I found that mine credit card is not connected to paypal account any more and I can't reconnect it. I've been using this card since I have Paypal account, that is for about 4-5 years. I've send them mail and waiting for response.
Anyone with same or similar experience?

davent

Yes, for me being non-US based as well, paypal puts a relatively low cap on the amount you can spend, a running total of every purchase you've ever made. Reach the cap and the only way to continue using paypal is to surrender bank account info and/or other intrusive personal data. I opened another account using my wife's credit card (same card account as my card to our bank) and now don't use paypal unless it's the only option.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

muddyfox

really? huh, thats interesting. i'd hate to be stuck without paypal for my far east purchases.
how high is the cap? is this elaborated on somewhere in paypal fine print?

brejna

Quote from: davent on October 21, 2014, 05:58:58 PM
Yes, for me being non-US based as well, paypal puts a relatively low cap on the amount you can spend, a running total of every purchase you've ever made. Reach the cap and the only way to continue using paypal is to surrender bank account info and/or other intrusive personal data. I opened another account using my wife's credit card (same card account as my card to our bank) and now don't use paypal unless it's the only option.
dave
Hm man, that sucks.. I never thought about something similar..

GermanCdn

I think the maximum PP lets you put on your CC per year is something like $1000 outside the US (I don't remember the details, it's been years since I linked my bank account to it).  Once a year they'll think a payment back to your CC automatically to make sure the CC is still a valid source of backup funding.

As far as linking it to your bank account, you have to do that anyways if you ever want to receive money through PP, so it's the cost of doing business. 
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

davent

I've received money through paypal with only having a credit card registered, not a great sum but i received it no problems.

I can't find official paypal doctrine but many threads of shock and awe...
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

davent

Quote from: muddyfox on October 21, 2014, 06:08:03 PM
really? huh, thats interesting. i'd hate to be stuck without paypal for my far east purchases.
how high is the cap? is this elaborated on somewhere in paypal fine print?

Thread i started at diystompboxes when it happened to me. Canadian lifetime limit $3k, US limit $10k. I saw in another thread uk limit as 1k9 £. (not sure of where '£' should go, before or after the number?)

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=102982.0

Just noticed typo in tittle to that thread.

brejna