News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Why do I want to buy every pcb out there?

Started by Luke51411, December 18, 2014, 07:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

They're gonna have to start making smaller enclosures... haha I want to get into smd but I'm just getting my TH component stock built up.

stevie1556

Quote from: Luke51411 on December 19, 2014, 04:41:34 PM
They're gonna have to start making smaller enclosures... haha I want to get into smd but I'm just getting my TH component stock built up.
I reckon I can shrink those boards down by a considerable about by removing board mounted pots, and wire 9mm ones in, then I could get them in the same enclosure as the tiny one I used for the buffer.

If you want, I can supply a board with all the SMD components for it for you to try out.

davent

Internet just makes it too easy to impulse buy, push the button and you get a reward at some random time in the future, such a thrill getting those rewards, gotta keep pushing that button...
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jimilee

You need to ask yourself, why wouldn't you want every pcb out there!!!! I have like a pile of 30 unbuilt easy. For every 1 I don't want to build, there are about 5 that I do.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

I always clip my boards straight into an emptied out and washed Vegemite jar. I've already filled one up, now I'm working on another :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

Quote from: alanp on December 20, 2014, 01:25:43 AM
I always clip my boards straight into an emptied out and washed Vegemite jar. I've already filled one up, now I'm working on another :)
If you don't clean out the vegemite when stuffing boards in it makes great flux... well not really... but it smells good under heat... ;)
BigNoise Amplification

blearyeyes

Quote from: davent on December 19, 2014, 11:50:07 PM
Internet just makes it too easy to impulse buy, push the button and you get a reward at some random time in the future, such a thrill getting those rewards, gotta keep pushing that button...

That says it right there. The pleasure of little packages and envelopes arriving at random intervals with the click of a mouse. Like the lab rat experiments where they push the little button with their little noses and their pleasure centers are stimulated... Buzzt Buzzt Buzzt to the exclusion of eating drinking or sleeping they lay lathargic and wasting away only to Bzzzt one last time.

We have to box these things so that regulates our behavior to a certain degree. Having to think of art, drilling, etching or laser engraving little metal boxes saves us from Death By PCB Addiction or as it is now called in medical journals DBPCBA. Which is a subset of Terminal GAS or TERGAS.

Our only hope is to find the tipping point, that balance between solder fumes and stacks of PCBs where we find peace, hyper focused on the never ending quest for the perfect sound that comes from the deepest recesses of our creative spirits oneness with the longitudinal sound pressure waves we create by manipulating the very atoms that the universe is made of... I for one say "Let the universe speak!"

So, through our fingers we proclaim Freedom! Damn the torpedoes! Let's Buy More PCBs!