Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EHX made a new Pulsar, Holy smokes !

Started by drolo, January 19, 2015, 08:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobA

Quote from: jubal81 on January 20, 2015, 02:54:41 AM
My money's on full digital.
I wouldn't be surprised if it were, but the EHX specs claim analog tremolo.

I've done some playing around with digitally controlled OTA and LDR based trems and you can get the sounds they've demoed there with some pretty straight forward wave forms. With the OTA's, I found that I actually had to slow down the transitions with sharp corners because it was fast enough to cause a pop.

It's a slick pedal for sure though. The interface features are really neat. It'll be really interesting to see how they put it all together.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

blearyeyes

alanp

The combination of apathy ("Another trem?!") and cheapskate ("I'm not paying that kind of money for that!") shield me!

DIY, OTOH, I'm a sucker for.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Muadzin

:o

Damn you EHX!!!! I have too many of your big landscape boxes already! I can't possibly fit in another on my board.  :'(

flanagan0718

Quote from: brejna on January 19, 2015, 08:52:31 PM
This is really amazing... 2:54 Twin Peaks Theme :D

hahaha That's awesome!

David, I still like yours more.  :)

blearyeyes

It carries a U.S. list price of $316.73

Next...

Gotta box a few and start on Dave's Twin Peaks!

raulduke

The demo video is awesome.

I don't use tremolo all that much (other than boring amp or EA  traditional trem sounds), but that video had me clambering for the credit card  ;D

Frank_NH

The unit is quite awesome as a recording tool, given all of the options demonstrated in the video.  And with presets, it would be great live - depends how much tremolo you use in your music.

Jabulani Jonny

Oh man, I almost NEVER use tremolo, but I could see tons of possibilities.  Especially with the option for presets for live use.  This one might be on the short list this year.  These guys are killing it right now. 
Jonathan

billstein

What happened to these guys? Did they recently go out and hire a bunch of audio geniuses? It seems like it's just one killer pedal after another now. If I had any spare cash I think they'd end up with all of it.

flanagan0718

sounds and looks to me like they are making up for everything from 2000-2012. ;)

blearyeyes