News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Warhead Lamp and Pulse LED operation question

Started by JakeFuzz, June 17, 2011, 07:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeFuzz

Problem Solved!  :D    I was checking DC voltages and noticed the signal was coming in way too hot into the final phase section (about 10.2v at Q10's base whereas it should be around 6.1v). Found a microscopic wire bridging the base of Q10 (via C16) to the bottom of R37! The hot signal was causing Q10 to clip, awesome. It took a few days but the important thing is it finally works! Thanks for all the help everyone.

JakeFuzz

Okay great now that's fixed but I have a constant humming when when bypassed; it goes away as soon as I disconnect the power supply. I am thinking just a bad supply? If I do buy another I am just going to DC.

madbean

Humming when the effect is off? Something is not grounded. Maybe hardware. Check grounds on the jacks and switches.

JakeFuzz

Quote from: madbean on June 28, 2011, 11:18:53 PM
Humming when the effect is off? Something is not grounded. Maybe hardware. Check grounds on the jacks and switches.

Just checked them, everything appears to have continuity. I also did Keen's suggestion of wiring up two batteries in series and testing the effect at DC; that works hum free, I am just going to buy a 2.1mm 18 volt DC supply, I should have one around anyways.