News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rustbucket question

Started by jimilee, September 22, 2016, 12:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Can I sub the lt1054 for the max 1044? pinouts look the same unless I'm missing something. As a side note, if you put the regulator in reverse, you can blow some electros.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

No, I would not recommend it. You really need that 100mA on the -9v rail and the MAX is going to tap out at around 40mA, IIRC.

I'm putting your recent order in the mail tomorrow morning so if you need an LT1054 let me know. Pretty sure I have a few of them :)

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on September 22, 2016, 12:37:05 AM
No, I would not recommend it. You really need that 100mA on the -9v rail and the MAX is going to tap out at around 40mA, IIRC.

I'm putting your recent order in the mail tomorrow morning so if you need an LT1054 let me know. Pretty sure I have a few of them :)
I really do. I think I'm on the verge of bringing my rust bucket to life. It's been a comedy of errors so far.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

If Brian doesn't and you can wait I believe I have an extra one.  But I am in Denver till next Tuesday.