News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are the future of the project PDFs?

Started by milkypostman, August 11, 2011, 02:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milkypostman

If I read correctly, MadBean is going to be focused on special models rather than "clones".  What about the original PDFs that have been made.  Will these remain available for people to etch their own boards?  I noticed that some of the older versions are not up anymore and was just curious. 

I like knowing they're available is all, else I'll probably compulsively come download them regularly :)

T_MBaker

Try the archives link on the left hand side of the projects page, you may find what you are after there.  :)

madbean

The only change is I'm not making or selling PCBs for certain projects anymore. I'm not about to take down two years worth of projects, believe me. Older versions are archived and will deleted completely from the website eventually. I'd like to keep only the latest versions up and this probably won't cause much trouble since there have only been a couple of revisions over the last 8 months.

bigmufffuzzwizz

That's good to know they won't disapear. I've been planning on saving them all some day.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jubal81

I second the motion.
The thorough and professional documentation here is what drew me in and a huge factor in this being my favorite DIY site.
I know putting those PDFs together takes a LOT more work than most people realize.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

k.rock!

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on August 11, 2011, 11:49:36 PM
That's good to know they won't disapear. I've been planning on saving them all some day.

haha I have a folder on my laptop tittled MadBean Pedals and I have every PDF organized in sections (Overdrive, Fuzz, Modulation, etc) It takes some time but it's great when building your pedal to just look it up in your computer :P

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

Haberdasher

Quote from: k.rock! on August 14, 2011, 11:07:47 PM
Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on August 11, 2011, 11:49:36 PM

haha I have a folder on my laptop tittled MadBean Pedals and I have every PDF organized in sections (Overdrive, Fuzz, Modulation, etc) It takes some time but it's great when building your pedal to just look it up in your computer :P

-Kaleb
Haha, same here.  I even have a lot of the older versions, although I do remember writing over a couple of them.  I just always have to be careful to make sure I'm looking at the latest and greatest.  I don't think there's any point to saving the previous versions, so I'm really not sure why I do it.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jkokura

The only reason I keep older versions are if I have an older board, either in a pedal I own or yet to be built. I do have a few, so that's handy to have.

However, the best system is to have a hard copy. I don't know how many times having a hard copy of the layout or schematic has saved my butt. I keep an accordian folder with all sorts of documents in it for pedal building, but the layouts and build docs are essential for me.

I also have a big system on the computer as well, with schems and layouts and build docs and such.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals