News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BEHOLD!!!! THE LEVIATHAN!!

Started by Willybomb, October 03, 2017, 08:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all.  Here's Leviathan.  In a nutshell:

Boost - Brian May Treble Booster OR SHO, Or Treble Booster cascaded into SHO.  Both Tayda pcbs.  The LED changes colour according to the selection.

Mid Gain - Tayda Englishgent pcb, OR Marshallarts' 1590a Zendrive pcb.  The LED changed according to the drive selected.

Plexi - Wampler Plexidrive on vero.

Worked first go, except for the Plexi that I had hooked the in/outs up to the wrong lugs on the footswitch.

Willy.

Adam_DIY

Looks excellent I love the graphic.  What size enclosure is that? Also how do the different LED colours for each selection work?

Willybomb

It's a DD.

For the boosts, the LED colour selection works off one set of the poles/throws on the rotary switch.  There's a common anode RGB LED in the bezel.  The ground off the rotary goes to the footswitch as usual.

For the mid gainers, there's another RGB LED with the blue clipped off (my straight RG LEDs didn't seem to work so well).  The footswitch goes to a 3pdt toggle that selects which drive and also switches to whatever colour.  Ground from that toggle goes to the footswitch.

jubal81

Whoa! That looks great. I really like the concept, too. Well thought out project.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jimilee

Excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Martan

Nice! How's the treble booster into the Plexi? Love mine into a FuzzFace, but haven't tried it with other drive pedals.

mrclean77

Holy bananas - that's a definite grab-n-go dirt box - nice work!

diablochris6

Massively epic. I bet it sounds like a monster.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Aleph Null

Looks really nice. The guts are surprisingly tidy for a multi build. I like the graphics.

mjg

This has all of the things!  Nice work.

EBK

Every now and then, there's a build I find myself looking at repeatedly.  This is one of them.  A real pleasure to behold.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Martan

Who's in the background, there? Looks like a Transformers Combiner team.

Willybomb

QuoteWho's in the background, there? Looks like a Transformers Combiner team.

Close.  It's the Jaegers from Pacific Rim (Gypsy Danger, Cherno Alpha, Eureka Striker, ???, Crimson Typhoon).  I don't like artwork getting covered by knobs so that was the best option imo.

Philthy

Willybomb

Quote from: Martan on October 03, 2017, 01:16:32 PM
Nice! How's the treble booster into the Plexi? Love mine into a FuzzFace, but haven't tried it with other drive pedals.

I think I like the treble booster into pretty much anything more than the SHO.  It's pretty nice into the Plexi (and the Zendrive).